Poker and Fatigue

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you deal with fatigue and reluctance to play?

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just taking a break from poker. And during the game, I try to do some physical exercises during the breaks, it also helps. On one social network, I see the success of one guy at the micro-stakes and he constantly watches some clips or films in parallel to the game, but it distracts me.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Active recreation is a good sleep walking in the fresh air communicating with your loved ones and friends going on a picnic in general, which is not alien to a person.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play tired, get some sleep, it's important to feel good when you are playing. I find live poker more exhausting than online, it's one of the reasons I've really come to love online poker.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing worse than grinding a MTT in the later stages tired. Stay positive and rested or find something else to do.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is essential not to play tired, and more if they are long tournaments. The best thing is to rest well, be well fed and that is where you can play better!

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Taking a break from poker for a few days. I got sick this week, I was not at all up to the game.
Today I'm starting to play again. I advise everyone to rest, there is no need to play without interruption every day.:)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get tired of poker I take a break and do anything other than poker.:)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately i always do the mistake to play too long and when i am tired . it is a mistake

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing less regularly and mixed in with friends so there's more than just playing (+socializing). video games, life, work, tons of stuff in between to not really get tired of it. i wouldn't binge poker otherwise you'll get into that fatigue state you're talking about

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play at the pace you can play at. Don't burn out on it have other things to do.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I am not in a mood to play, I simply do not play. There must be appetite to play and good physical condition, it is simple.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i feel fatigued i stop doing some physical activity like hiking and playing football!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it is not about fighting but about accepting when it is too tired to continue playing and making the wise decision that you need to rest. Really someone who loves poker understands that he cannot play 24/7, one because it is not healthy, two, because no professional player would support or approve of it since he knows that you need to be well rested and have a clear mind to give your best. in tournaments. Regards.

Mezzzzzza

Mezzzzzza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will mirror what everyone is saying take a break 24hrs! I have always tried to do this but have also found my problem to be, when taking a break from playing I would study a lot on that day which never fully takes your brain of the game. Once I learnt to detach myself completely for the day I found this really helps. Go out do something spend the day with the missus, kids, dog, cat whatever or whoever just forget about anything poker #no_limits_mezza

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can not handle it! I am going to sleep.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take breaks

In the past, my experience has been that playing when tired is like giving away your money. You have to take breaks and rest.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Body fatigue and mental fatigue are the same thing, so you shouldn't be playing either. As you will face more fatigue than cards and players. I don't participate in a tournament if I'm tired, especially if it's not free

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There is nothing wrong with simply taking some days off when you don't feel like playing.
In fact, this is probably the best thing you can do when feeling not the best... because, the worst thing you can do it force yourself to play a poker session when you aren't feeling good, and then you'll later blame yourself more for any losses accrued because they were unnecessary.

This was a mistake I made when I was first starting out, because I had monthly hand targets and I didn't want to miss them. So, even if I wasn't fully feeling up to it I'd still put in my hands, and many times I would wipe out many days of work and results with one bad session.

Fortunately, I later realized that the monthly hand goals were just numbers i chose, and that didn't have to mean anything... specifically that there was no reason to think it was the end of the world if I didn't hit my hand target that month. Better to miss a goal that I had simply 'made up' for myself rather than lose money needlessly.

I think this video I have is sort of on that topic, the more 'in order' you can have your life and your work area, generally the more energy you'll have available to play poker.

If you're not feeling up to it tho, there's no reason you should feel like you 'have' to play.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to take breaks more often, play 30-45 minutes, break 5-10 minutes and move away from the computer altogether, plus sleep plus food.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just stop playing. I don't wanna play Poker if it's gonna impact my life negatively.

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel fatigued, just take a 5-10-15 minute break, or if you cannot, like FT or deep with high blinds in an MTT , then try to close your eyes atleast for 25-30 seconds and massage your head, eyes, neck and hydrate a ton, also maybe get a cup of green tea. If it is cash game and you can quit anytime, go for a walk outside or a short nap / meditation. If you are completely fatigued just stop playing and go sleep, that should be obvious.,

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sleep makes everything better

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I never start a game if I am tired. I do not see the point in forcing myself to play poker. Poker for me is a hobby that gives me pleasure as I never play tired.