Poker Face

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. Players are busy trying to remember tha hands that you played, your behavior in the different places, UTG MP CO BTT SM BB and how you open a hand, if you just call, raise how much you raise, fold and all about that. Other thing that players have in mind is POT/odds how many outs they have.
So bottom line they really pay attention about the avatar or names just to remember who is the player they play with.

Sorry for my English

K

kaysss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a ridiculous assumption. Everyone looks at your game, not your picture :)

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anyone really looks at the avatar or pic I know I don't but most people are different.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm no to sure it has an effect on seasoned players. My display in cc is the same for pokerstars, it might intimidate the recreational players but players who know what they are about I don't think it would have any effect on them

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For (against) me... It isn't change anything, but...who knows, maybe it works.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can sometimes get a read on the age range of a player by the user name or avatar...that's the only thing that might provide an edge.

alan moises

alan moises

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
superstition of the avatar?

We already talked about reading the opponent for the avatar! but someone believes that the avatar that we are can bring bad luck in the hands and when changing can show an improvement ...Has anyone had this same experience?

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play serious. And try to ignore the avatar that seem to make you keep looking at them

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had never thought about it, about my profile photo in the games.
I think it does not influence anything, I do not usually look at the photos to bet or pay other players bet.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
:D

Attachments

• 2dec74456bf9.jpg
    2dec74456bf9.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 25
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have disabled the pictures a long time ago , problem solved , noone will be playing with my phychology and my brain with pictures and poker faces anymore , hahaha . Plus some anoying pictures sometimes, like one I still remember with one delvιng/scratching into his nose while I was playing zoom and I was eating and thinking what decision to take , disguisting hahaha :D , pokerstars team had approved it hehe .

A

aleogura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sometimes the appearances are deceptive, I prefer to play some with the jgoador and to draw the conclusion

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One time I used a zumbi of the walking dead with avatar. Its a good resource for tilt players

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like avatars do nothing, I dont even look at them

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find they help me keep track of certain players for their play style.

My Avatar isn't off putting, just a couple of Pokemon from when I went to Japan

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do u think that your picture in PokerStars let u be more agressive in the player's mind?

For this exact reason I choose not to display avatars, I found myself treating players differently based on their avatars instead of their stats. Now all players look the same and I am forced to look for distinctions elsewhere.

D

damir1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have hot girl on avatar there is high chance that everybody will often calls you because they want action with hot girl :D

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My avatar has red colors, but I think it's my blood dripping .. kkkkk
I do not see much connection in results referring to the colors that your avatar is using

I am colourblind, so your Avatar's colour does not change the way I play against you. Neither does your player nickname.

There are some creative Avatars and nicknames. I find them amusing, but my focus is on the game and the cards. I am too busy working out expectations to worry about whether that guy with a red (or is it orange, or green) Avatar is scary.:D

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. Players are busy trying to remember tha hands that you played, your behavior in the different places, UTG MP CO BTT SM BB and how you open a hand, if you just call, raise how much you raise, fold and all about that. Other thing that players have in mind is POT/ODDS how many outs they have.
So bottom line they really pay attention about the avatar or names just to remember who is the player they play with.

Sorry for my English

I agree with you, I particularly use Avatar to identify opponents. Pay attention whether they are aggressive or passive, pay attention if they play many hands. The avatar did not distinguish whether the player is good or bad and could not inhibit me.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nicknames do effect the game. As far as poker face I usually wear sunglasses and hoodie....players look through you and feel you out when playing live.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the picture can influence the opinion of a player but I believe that how you play has much more to say so it may affect how someone plays against you for a hand or two but after that opponent gets a read from other information then your picture holds no weight

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t care about pictures and colors, only thinking about game, so you need to be better player or have better cards to win

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the avatar, has a great influence on who plays, you can find out his inner world, so I prefer to use neutral avatars, or standard in this poker room.

N

ngk80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like pokerstar's avatars and can't find my country flag.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live games, my style is to always laugh. When I lie and when I'm nuts I'm the same.I love it. All your stress or happiness, you can express thru laughing which seems everytime the same. Try it. On ps avatar can have influence in players. For example shark will make influenza of good player. I you have clover u will seem like lucky [emoji256] guy. If u have dice [emoji456] u are gambler. best players don't have image on avatar :)