Poker on an empty stomach

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, I can't feel hungry. I start to get antsy if I'm hungry. The other thing I've learned is not to play when you're tired. I lost my whole BR on FTP because I was too tired to think straight... (then again it was only $4.)

FlopIt2Me

FlopIt2Me

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel I play best about an hour or so after a small meal. If I don't eat and I'm hungry I will play loose and make very poor decisions.

On the other hand, if I eat too much I feel lazy and tired and will make some stupid bets and calls.

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I vote to eat but depends what works for you :)

angiedubs

angiedubs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont eat when playin poker online, well not much in general either; but i did one time eat a hot dog when playin LIVE poker at harrah's in vicksburg couple years ago and had winning session.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i don't eat enough before i play poker it definetely will affect my game, cant concentrate with a growling stomach.

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally cannot play well if I don't eat breakfast... But after eating I'll have some coffee and be ready to play.... I rather play with coffee because it keeps me up and focused but with out food I feel dizzy and have many other side effects...

U

usmike5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried 5 hour energy....

I will never try it again at a tournament. I was jittery and coulod not focus. Big mistake!

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember Daniel Negreanu make a few posts about how he seems to do better when he's hungry. I found one quote in his blog:

"It’s pretty strange actually. I must play better when I’m hungry, not only in the metaphorical sense, but literally!" -Daniel Negreanu

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am exactly the same! I live in Australia so the time difference is quite large and the big tournaments that happen in america start at about 4 or 5am here so i go downstairs and pretty much lock my self in the study for like 6 hours till i have an early lunch.

This seems to work for me and it also means that i dont have to get up and walk to the kitchen to get some food! lol

Mac Poker