I can't do anything about it.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play poker if you're depressed. Although poker can also be a cause of depression :)

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A veces es bueno tomar un descanso en el póquer

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't suffer from depression. But poker does affect my mood in the obvious way. If I have a big win at night (BIG "if") I make a point of not playing anymore that night so I can go to sleep on a high.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I don’t play poker, I watch movies, I read books, there is more live communication. Poker and depression don't go together, you can't play poker when you're depressed, you just lose all your money and it gets worse.

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helps me to watch a movie while playing. Not investing emotions when you win and lose is key. I achieve this by watching movie.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea i get depressed when i dont get to play poker but im weird like that. I gotta play every other day just so i dont get the itches. Depression is a man made word but apparently so is rich. Good luck and help those who need it.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When poker goes from fun to depression ... it's a sign that things are not going well.
The nature of poker is to lose. So poker definitely doesn't help anyone.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you wont get nice results this way, and it can put you down. Better do another thing

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you deal with depression and playing poker?

For me it helps because it gives me something to focus on. What I notice though is if I play too much I become irritable so I schedule breaks for activities like going out for walks/exercising etc. Or if I had a stressful day at work I don't play that day as not to add more stress. If you play in moderation I think it can be good for your depression as long as you don't have gambling issues. If you have gambling issue and get yourself in tough financial situation then it will definitely make it worse.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
physical work and sports save from depression
depression happens when you stay at home and don't go out

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker helped me to get out of depression, because I didnt have any hope on future. Poker gave me a objective, a dream, a thing to fight for.