Poker Coaches

R

Robw211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on the verge of winning my Poker League for the second time. I played the wsop Main Event in 2019. I made it to day 3 but did not cash. I do not play multi-day tourneys often.
I wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a poker coach. What are some of the things that can be taught? How much is the average price? Recommendations?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat Robw211,

Hiring a poker coach can be tricky the most well known are expensive, and the others - well, it can be hard to find them, and even then it is hard to know how good they are?

A positive thing is that with a coach you have another pair of eyes watching your play who point out any errors that you might not even think of.

A negative is finding the right fit for your need so you can fully benefit from your coach. Also the cost is a negative since it takes time to fix your errors so one or two hours with a coach might not be enough.

You should assess your own level/know-how and try to find a coach that can take you through the next step.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I can afford it, hire a poker coach. This is very valid.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

ps team Stars has the best players you can learn from them:deal:

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat Robw211,

Hiring a poker coach can be tricky the most well known are expensive, and the others - well, it can be hard to find them, and even then it is hard to know how good they are?

A positive thing is that with a coach you have another pair of eyes watching your play who point out any errors that you might not even think of.

A negative is finding the right fit for your need so you can fully benefit from your coach. Also the cost is a negative since it takes time to fix your errors so one or two hours with a coach might not be enough.

You should assess your own level/know-how and try to find a coach that can take you through the next step.

Dear Nafor, very nice your recommendations.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a normal poker player who knows how to play poker, who knows how to win, does not need any coach, it's ridiculous.
I saw on TV how Phil Helmut came to a big game with a coach, think about it, a great tournament champion came to a poker game with a coach, because of this Tony Gee laughed at Phil Helmut the whole game.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on the verge of winning my Poker League for the second time. I played the WSOP Main Event in 2019. I made it to day 3 but did not cash. I do not play multi-day tourneys often.
I wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a poker coach. What are some of the things that can be taught? How much is the average price? Recommendations?
I myself am an amateur player and poker is just a hobby for me, so I don’t know where to look for coaches and I don’t know the benefits of their actions! But I guess good coaches cost a lot of money, and coaches can point out your mistakes and help you work on them and fix them! I think the benefits of a trainer are great if you want to become a professional! But this is my personal opinion! Good luck at the tables!