dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker has truly changed my life, it has made me stronger.The poker industry is a world that makes dreams come true and provokes tilt.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I think it should be posted on AITA on reddit.
So I have this friend, we used to hangout together at a pub, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. We played Nägeln, Darts, or Chess. One time I was there alone, no one of the people I used to hangout with were there, so I played some cash game on my phone. When he came we exchanged greetings then he asked if I'm up to play a home game against him and his friends, I agreed. Then came one of the bridge days, weekens + May 1st a holiday, we started playing on Sunday afternoon. We had to ship in for snacks and drinks, the problem is that we played until Monday at 10 a.m. I finished with almost 3000 €, the "friend" by whom I was invited walked me down to take some breakfast, I paid for mine, he demanded thst I must pay for his, because I won around 3k, I was bewildered, I told him that I didnt invite him for breakfast, as a matter of fact I took a double espresso and a croissant. And that if he didnt have money to pay for his meal, i will gladly lend him money, he was upset. I was going to pay for his breakfast anyways, but when he started demanding it, I decided against it.

You can draw your conclusions, but many times when he won at Nägeln or Darts I bought him Laphroaig 4cl which costs 10 euros, but when I won he bought me a freaking Pfeffie, a peppermint drink that costs 2.5 €. At best case scenario it was a cheap a*& vodka for 4 €. I didnt care at thr time, never told him that, but i noticed it

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes it learned me a lot of things in this 15 years playing it.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, i become a more patient person since i started playing poker.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It didn't change my life, but it took away hours that I could have spent on better things.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can’t give an example of a specific story related to poker that changed my life, but poker itself in general has changed my life a lot. Thanks to poker, I met very interesting and smart people who are developed in other areas besides poker. I communicated and worked with these people for two and a half years, and during this time I learned a lot from them. Now I continue to communicate and maintain friendly relations with them. And of course, I developed many personal qualities in myself thanks to poker.

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has indeed had a significant impact on my life. It's not just a card game; it's a skill, a mindset, and a community. Playing poker has taught me about strategic thinking, risk management, and reading people. It has also allowed me to connect with a diverse group of individuals who share a passion for the game. While it's had its ups and downs, overall, poker has enriched my life with valuable experiences and lessons.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In someone probably XD
I have a smartphone now XD
God bless

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally poker changed my life for the worse right now because i missed a lot of opportunities being busy gambling but i think on the long run it will be changing my life for the best

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker hasn’t changed my life, but it has corrected some criteria, I have become a little more patient and prudent.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course poker changed my life; this game is very exciting and takes a lot of time. But I don't spare the time spent because I'm sure that perseverance and hard work will help you reach the top of poker, maybe not today or now, but one day it will definitely work out.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, so far, no.
The only thing that has changed is spending more time at home playing poker.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
thought me to be more self control

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
yes, it changed my thinking, I became a much more cautious person at work, I learned a lot from poker

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Maybe not because poker only changes your finances for a period of time.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it has changed, I never had great opportunities in my life and poker gave me new hope. The journey is not easy, but I strive every day to make poker work.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It helps me clear my head. I'm usually quite compulsive and poker helps me work on that.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker didn´t change my life and that´s a good thing.
In my life I have always been addicted to certain activities.
Hahaha you might think, but seriously - activities. My first addiction was probably playing soccer, the next was Diablo 1 and other pc games. Then it was Poker for some time, then something else, then running up to ultra marathon and biking or fishing.
For some time it´s poker now, the "thing" I invest all my spare time into, seeking for more.
And i love it just like all the other things before.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I havent really had an eye opening experience during my playing times during poker. But I have enjoyed these last two years while playing poker. Brought some pretty nice and wholesome memories.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me it's not a decisive factor in my life, just playing it casually for relax... There are other matters that counts in real life

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Not yet, but I hope one day it will change.