Has poker changed your life?

Vrotebal

Vrotebal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
answer if you have a real life poker story that changed your life for the better or vice versa only with you or people you know personally

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Kind of, not money wise but it has been a really nice hobby to me.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
including poker, changed my life in that I became a more patient player and became disciplined. This is what poker gave me before. I was very aggressive and impatient I always tried to prove my truth to the whole world and tried to prove it to everyone even to strangers, but now I became more understanding:)

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It didn't change anything, but it allows you to see how different emotions affect people when making decisions, sometimes difficult and wrong decisions, and sometimes good ones.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
answer if you have a real life poker story that changed your life for the better or vice versa only with you or people you know personally
Yes, poker changed my life for the better. Now in the evenings, if there is free time, I play poker, and I get pleasure and money from the game. Before, when I wasn't playing poker, I spent my free time talking to the neighbors in my house and sitting endlessly on the bench in front of my house.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes completely estressed with all the bad beats i get

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Of course it can change, because one day you can play magnificently and win a big prize and it will be the best day of your life and the money can change and improve your quality of life.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker has defiantly helped me in life. I used to be an athlete who played real sports and could have professionally in one and was working to being one. Once injured and unable to play anymore my life was missing something big. I am one competitive person. Poker has filled this void in my life. While i don't strive to be a professional player I do hope to win a circuit ring someday. Its most likly never going to happen but one can dream.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker has defiantly helped me in life. I used to be an athlete who played real sports and could have professionally in one and was working to being one. Once injured and unable to play anymore my life was missing something big. I am one competitive person. Poker has filled this void in my life. While i don't strive to be a professional player I do hope to win a circuit ring someday. Its most likly never going to happen but one can dream.
I'm the same, except without the injury. I started playing poker tournaments just over five years ago because I wanted to do something competitive again. Previously I was on small bore rifle teams in high school and as an adult. Through the 1990s and early 2000s I shot sporting clays competitively. I'd always wanted to try poker tournaments so I did, and I haven't regretted a moment of it. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While playing poker tournaments didn't really change my life, it did help me through making a major change in my life. I owe a lot to the players and card room personnel for the friendship and acceptance they gave me. Because of them I knew that I'd made the right decision. :)

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think my life has changed since playing poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While playing poker tournaments didn't really change my life, it did help me through making a major change in my life. I owe a lot to the players and card room personnel for the friendship and acceptance they gave me. Because of them I knew that I'd made the right decision. :)

I have made a lot of fried playing poker as well. Its really odd in some way. So many people outside poker all they see is the shady part of the game. There are really a lot or good people who play this game for the enjoyment of it as well.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
online poker had changed my life for the worse, at first I played at any time and didn't spend time with my family, luckily it's over. salutes

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker has definitely changed my life.

in 2014 I moved from canada back to the UK. Although I'd only been away for 5 years, life had moved on. Most of the close friendships I had had in the past, too had moved on.

But whilst I was in Canada, I had hosted a few poker nights with workmates. It had brought us closer together and I'd wondered if I could replicate that magic. So I hosted a Friday night poker and invited folks from my past and from work.

fast forward almost 10 years and our poker group has an established core of players. We play live once or twice a month and play every Friday online (if we're not together). The poker group has expanded its horizons and most of us (7 or 8 of us) split off to create a golfing group during Covid when that was the only way we could get together safely.

Later, we also added a board games night.

Finally, we've got a special activities event chat where we organise other things. Pub crawls, go-karting, day at the races....

So now I play boardgames with a couple of the guys 4 times per month....golf with several of them 6 times per month and poker with them 4-5 times per month plus a special activity.

A few of us are also thinking of doing an entrepreneurs club to see if we can figuree out a way to make a Million pounds each so we can retire and do the golf/poker/games/activities on a permanent basis.

In our group, we have IT guys (systems guy, robotics guy, database guy, accountant, desktop guy, developers, plasterer, Amazon resellers, project manager... so we have the skills to develop that killer App... just need the kernel/killer idea and we'll be off to the races!

Making friends when you're older isn't an easy task. But this group of friends, borne out of a common love of poker has become my lifeline.

Cheers,
JT

slysilvosilvo

slysilvosilvo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
I just need to relax a little after i come home from work, and poker does the trick... better than drinking alcoholic beverages...

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think so, its just for hooby and some extra cash.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker has changed lives for the better, flawlessly

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It has changed only in that now I get more money, before I only earned money with my work but with poker that has changed and now I can have more money than before

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I don't have any really interesting stories that significantly changed my life or that of others

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Poker hasn't brought financial changes to my life yet, but it really irritates my wife who doesn't like me playing so much.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no but maybe it's a dream for people to change his world financially

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I changed, I began to look at the value of money differently

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker reminds me every time that we should risk many times to become no1 ! No matter what we should try for the best outcome :)