pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 years ago there was much more fish)

Nah, there has always been and will always be FISH in the game. There are plenty now as always, maybe more than ever as they watch it on TV and think I could do that. lol.

:flute::flute::burnout::flute::flute::eek:

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no question that the games today are simply harder to beat than they were 5 or 10 years ago. Many fish have either gone broke or quit. And many people have simply learned to play better.

Now if you play at the lower stakes in particular there are obviously still clear exceptions to this that you can find all the time.

ray89will

ray89will

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The evolution of poker will be based off the stream of players feeding. It's half of all of poker or something

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me, nothing has changed in poker, perhaps many interesting tournaments have been added, and everything is as it was

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its way different, I can remember when people used to play sngs, full ring cash tables were standard, and it seemed like every site was always running some sort of promotion.

Now it seems like the new sites are either crypto or phone Apps.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I think poker has changed in recent years, I think this was influenced by such factors as: coaches of school of video poker and so on ...:)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players have evolved a lot. "There's no more fool in football" :D:D:D

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It hasn't changed but sooo many more people play it now...

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker has attracted millions of players who don't have a clue how to play, great if they are playing for real money with their own money (more in the pot) but not so great when they water down your chances to win in the freerolls. However, poker has become mostly acceptable in the general public's eye compared to "evil" when I was a child.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
g

Hello .My opinion is that tournaments are still the same .I did not see any changes as far.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5-10 years ago it was possible to win simply by opening tight range and betting on the flop! Now the majority of players know how to push the call on the flop - it has become more difficult to play))

purecomedian1

purecomedian1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
less freerolls but more game time seem to be the same but needing more players to know about other poker sites and also would like to get UB up again and would like to play more awesome tournaments

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for be a long time ago I was 16 at pokerstar/full tilt/bodog etc etc
now betonline/ACR/bodog etc etc. Some but not really.
Cash game - Ehhhh Yea
Tournament game - No
It's hard to imagine. I used to be a poker nerd for 16 age. Times changes tho.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has Poker Changed much? I think compared to 5 years ago, the game is very different.

The cards still look the same, they just don't work any more :) people gamble more and want more action, given by most of the companies with there shuffle systems. still enjoyable but I'd like not to have to make a living from it.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Niche formats like short-deck and open-face Chinese poker are an acquired taste for some players. But with the popularity of Macau gambling, they are becoming more mainstream and catching up with NL/PLO.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are many more bots and cash games are more difficult.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To begin with, a lot of players are constantly playing on several tables. Most of the players these days play a much larger number of hands compared to what used to be the norm for experienced players.

These guys are much more aggressive than the old guard - but they also have more experience due to the fact that they play on a crazy number of hands. Once, most players dropped before the flop, if they had bad cards - now everyone wants to get to the flop. That is, even if a very weak pair is needed for the nuts, the chances of an opponent falling into it are much higher.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so, the game has become more dynamic in many aspects and every day the different companies or companies that offer online poker programs try to reinvent the game, such is the case of pokerstars with the power up

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game hasn't changed. The "conventional wisdom" on how to play has both evolved and split into different camps. It used to be pretty much 80% - 90% played a TAG starting hand set and went passive post flop without a made hand.

Now you have that group, the LAG style see a lot of starting hands and exploit post flop when the old camp goes passive.

Then we have a new "GTO" camp coming in and playing more of the odds game versus how the actual cards and hand is developing along with the old 10% of play anything and bet in position to apply max pressure crowd.

This has made it harder to win fast at cash but a slow and steady return is still possible. MTT's are really the same survive early and play smart late is what it takes and just grin and bear the variance losses.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wondering

I'm finding it very strange the way some people play the game in this new day and age, I mean what is going on in someone's head when there is a raise in front of you and a call or 2, and you hold 85 or 94 and think its a good spot to go, Allin? of course, they have a smaller stack so the raisers and callers are not in any danger but losing 1/3 of their stack. so all action is preflop. and the run outcomes to perfectly match the donk move with very weak hands?? True that one probably remembers the hands that hit perfect and forgets the ones that don't but it does seem to happen regularly online. How can they think this is a good move and it turns out good for them? Amazing!!

:dancing2::ahhhhh::dancing2:​

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now it,s harder to win, like it was 5-6 years ago. Also right now you can,t see lots of good promotions, like it was 7 years ago, because people already tired of poker and no one wants to invest in it.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think tourneys have changed much accept that there is maybe even more aggressive play than ever.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I wonder if poker had changed as the time passed just like the football did (soccer). When I watch some rare old footage of poker it reminds me of what Pele did with the ball back then. It just seems so much better and harder nowadays.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, poker is changing little by little. Since we played 10 years ago - now no one plays. Evolution.