Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can poker be considered a sport? Like chess, for example...
Poker is a sport, but poker is an intellectual sport, just like chess. I think so, because I like to think of myself as an athlete more than just a banal gambler :)

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, everything that involves physical or mental effort is a sport, so there will be the Olympics very soon hahaha

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, comparing poker with chess is insulting to chess :)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you take poker as a mental sport it could be, even more so when you are only a tournament player.
Although it could also apply to cash, apart from the fact that the structures are different.
In other words, it could be considered as a mental sport, in fact, I read that in canada a group of universities did a job in which they were amazed by the benefits of poker, for example in an area of our daily life that is very important, What is stress?
Greetings:):):)

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think we can. Poker is a game after all

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
no poker is a game, not a sport in sports, luck is minimized even if it is in poker, luck is a very big part if you look at it so it has nothing to do with sports, I think she would have entered sports games in so many years, but as you can see, she has not had this status in so many years

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my country there is even a sports poker federation, but my opinion is that poker is undoubtedly an intellectual game, but not a sport

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a card game.
Poker's not a sport but the best poker players do sports and avoid eating junk food so they can be in shape and stay sharp during long sessions.
Poker's not mathematics but the best poker players do a lot of calculations.
Poker's not gambling but the best poker players take risks when it's worth it.
Poker's not a lot of other things but the best poker players still learn about them and use them to get an edge.
Poker is the card game we play and some of us really love.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker has been considered a sport for a long time, but in my opinion this smart guy of ours needs more visibility in some countries around the world

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is definitely a mental sport. Strategy and logical reasoning are the main tools of this sport. A game that always depends on luck is a game of chance. This is a paradox, but it is the pure truth. But in poker, as it is a mental sport, luck or bad luck can exist, as in any game, but it does not prevail in the players' success or failure.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not say that poker is a sport in my opinion, but rather I would consider it an intellectual game of chance. Here, in order to win, you need to apply your knowledge to calculate combinations and invest financially. And there is a risk of losing your money, and you need to understand this when you sit down at the gaming table.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me personally, poker is a game of chance. Of course, in poker, as in sports, everything is decided by the patience, discipline, skill and luck of the player, but nevertheless, poker is just a game of chance, and you and I are just gamblers, beginners, amateurs or professionals.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn’t mind, I think that poker has a lot in common with chess, but the main difference is the big factor of luck in poker, which you cannot influence. Could it be an official sport where luck plays a significant role, and maybe as much as skill? Question, not sure.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker is a sport. Poker requires only mental effort that's why. We can talk about a sport when it requires physical effort.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think in many parts of the world it is considered a mental sport like chess. Unfortunately in my country not yet.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Since the game of poler involves the use of the mind, players must be healthy enough to focus on applying the right strategies. If a game requires physical fitness from its players, it can be considered a sport.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, no. Just like I don't consider chess a sport.