Can poker be compared to alcohol or drug addiction?

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Everything that gets you hooked on is an addiction, poker is gambling so you have to watch yourself

lala123

lala123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is just a game, it is incomprehensible how someone can compare it to much worse things like drugs

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course. There is a mental disorder called "Ludomania" - it is a gambling addiction. Any addiction is bad and any addiction needs to be treated if the person wants it. I have seen in my life many people who are addicted to gambling, these people are unhappy, they lose all the money they have, borrow from friends and also lose, and at the same time they cannot stop. People need to treat poker as a pleasure or as a job and then there will be no problems with it.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
of course, depression and addiction develop, many bad things are caused by poker, but only one good thing - money

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's like an addiction but less destructive like sugar addiction

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
when i lost 1K i tried to bounce back but i slipped into the swamp i keep trying to bounce back but i can't get out of the hole

Bicskapocek

Bicskapocek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's related, especially during online poker. The situation is different in real life, but I think that those who become alcoholics or drug addicts would be so even without poker. But correct me if I'm wrong