Can poker be compared to alcohol or drug addiction?

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can Poker be compared to alcohol or drug addiction?!. I think, no directly, because on alcohol and drugs Health and Money are only wasting...
But at Poker we can reverse: to earn Money, and to correct with them our Health! But this is only my private opinion!

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Poker, betting, lottery.
Yes, addicition can be compared to drug, alcohol or even sugar.
All addictions are the same.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
gambling Addiction is real, and can lead to all sorts of complications, Debt, Bankruptcy, Divorce even losing Family members because of borrowing or stealing from them. I have been very lucky in that I have seen the signs over the years of Alcohol, Drugs and Gambling Addictions from other people because when you have any Addiction, you meet other Addicts on a daily basis.
I have learned that there are no real answers to any of them because everyone's reason is different, so it's not like you can take a pill and the Addiction magically disappears, and the biggest hurdle is to admit that you have a problem. Once you can admit it to yourself, you can then find help in fighting the Addiction no matter what it is.
I had a Gambling Addiction when I was younger, and although it didn't ruin my marriage, it certainly didn't help. So 2 years after being married to my first Wife we divorced, and we went our separate ways. When I met my 2nd Wife to be, I made a commitment to stop gambling to myself, not because she had asked me to quit, but I remember all the fighting and arguments over money with my first Wife and decided I didn't want to go there again.
Do I gamble Today? Sure, I have a flutter now and again even play Poker for Fun! BUT! I make the distinction of having FUN! A Day at the Races is just that, a Day out having a flutter and enjoying the Day Win or Lose, I don't get into a mood when I lose because I expect to lose, but if I walk away a winner then I am over the moon and can blow the money on a nice meal or Night out.
I never go into a Bookies to place a bet, I don't play Slot machines, or buy Scratch Cards or even play the Lottery! They are for the mugs out there thinking they are going to strike it lucky and win a fortune.
There is no such thing as a Get Rich Quick Scheme! and if anyone found it, They wouldn't tell every Tom, Dick or Harry about it, They would keep it to themselves to make even more Money. So every time you see these entrepreneurs on the Web telling you how easy it is to make money, STOP! and think for a minute, If you found a solid way of making a fortune, would you sell the Idea? I Wouldn't!
Gambling in any form is Fun and exciting, but once you go out of your way to place a bet or lose time off work to feed that Addiction, or Lie! To loved ones, then you have a problem. Admit it, Fight It, and you are half way to being saved.

When the fun Stops, STOP! (think about it)

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Certainly! Any addiction has a terrible impact on society and poker is no exception (after all, in every poker room you can set limits on replenishment, number of games per day, etc.). So take care of yourself and listen to your loved ones, addiction is always better seen from the side! 🖤

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Gambling Addiction is real, and can lead to all sorts of complications, Debt, Bankruptcy, Divorce even losing Family members because of borrowing or stealing from them. I have been very lucky in that I have seen the signs over the years of Alcohol, Drugs and Gambling Addictions from other people because when you have any Addiction, you meet other Addicts on a daily basis.
I have learned that there are no real answers to any of them because everyone's reason is different, so it's not like you can take a pill and the Addiction magically disappears, and the biggest hurdle is to admit that you have a problem. Once you can admit it to yourself, you can then find help in fighting the Addiction no matter what it is.
I had a Gambling Addiction when I was younger, and although it didn't ruin my marriage, it certainly didn't help. So 2 years after being married to my first Wife we divorced, and we went our separate ways. When I met my 2nd Wife to be, I made a commitment to stop gambling to myself, not because she had asked me to quit, but I remember all the fighting and arguments over money with my first Wife and decided I didn't want to go there again.
Do I gamble Today? Sure, I have a flutter now and again even play Poker for Fun! BUT! I make the distinction of having FUN! A Day at the Races is just that, a Day out having a flutter and enjoying the Day Win or Lose, I don't get into a mood when I lose because I expect to lose, but if I walk away a winner then I am over the moon and can blow the money on a nice meal or Night out.
I never go into a Bookies to place a bet, I don't play Slot machines, or buy Scratch Cards or even play the Lottery! They are for the mugs out there thinking they are going to strike it lucky and win a fortune.
There is no such thing as a Get Rich Quick Scheme! and if anyone found it, They wouldn't tell every Tom, Dick or Harry about it, They would keep it to themselves to make even more Money. So every time you see these entrepreneurs on the Web telling you how easy it is to make money, STOP! and think for a minute, If you found a solid way of making a fortune, would you sell the Idea? I Wouldn't!
Gambling in any form is Fun and exciting, but once you go out of your way to place a bet or lose time off work to feed that Addiction, or Lie! To loved ones, then you have a problem. Admit it, Fight It, and you are half way to being saved.

When the fun Stops, STOP! (think about it)
Согласен с вами полностью сэр

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Everything can turn into an addiction, you have to watch yourself and don't let it go to far, no matter what you are doing

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker improves a person's personality, while drugs and alcohol lead to complete degradation.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can playing monopoly or chess lead to addiction? I guess it depends on each person's individual characteristics. While alcohol and drugs lead directly to physical addiction of your body, poker or chess is a mental game and the addiction is more in your head

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably in any gambling game there are people who have an addiction to this game. Probably yes, this addiction can be compared with alcohol or drug addiction, the main thing is that these people are easily amenable to treatment.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
For some people yes ,,for sure ,,for the most no

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a bad idea to take alcohol before a session. I have a good friend who serves as an example of what not to do. Therefore, the choice is obvious):)

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think no directly, but the poker affects for the money as well,and too much poker affects on nerves and to mental fatigue.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In no way, drugs, alcohol, gambling, you are the one in charge, you are the one who says what these things can do to you, you are the one in control of your life, I play poker for fun, I don't compromise my family income with that, I drink alcohol on the weekends, but I don't let the drink dominate me, I've never used drugs. You are the one in charge of your life and your attitudes.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Poker can be compared to alcohol or drug addiction in the context of the potential for addiction and the negative consequences that this activity can have on people's health and well-being. Uncontrolled poker play can lead to problems in finances, relationships and mental health. However, it is important to note that poker itself is a game of strategy and skill, and many people play it without any problems. The key is moderation and mindful participation in activities to avoid potential negative consequences.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Can drug and alcohol addiction bring you money if you practice them regularly? That's my comparison right there.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, poker is totally different! Although your style of play may be similar to playing while intoxicated. :LOL: It's a joke, no offense. And in general, poker is a cold sober head, and alcohol is fun, an illusion of happiness and carefree. :sneaky:

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Not obviously, no, they have nothing to do with it. Well, if you have an addiction, it is obviously not good and you can lose money and even your house if you have a serious addiction problem, but alcohol and drugs are much more harmful to the body and you can even die if you do not have control of them.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if so, sometimes it's even worse
Yes of course. Gambling addiction can be compared to both alcohol addiction and drug addiction. In any case, addiction is a serious disease that often leads to very bad consequences, and addicted players must seek help from a psychologist.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can Poker be compared to alcohol or drug addiction?!. I think, no directly, because on alcohol and drugs Health and Money are only wasting...
But at Poker we can reverse: to earn Money, and to correct with them our Health! But this is only my private opinion!
For most players this is an addiction and their health deteriorates due to the wrong regime,a normal successful person will never do this.To some extent we are all drug addicts here in some sense:LOL:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it depends on how you understand the question. If it's about addiction, for many people it may be that poker can become as addicted as alcohol and everything else, but if you understand from another's point of view, poker does not harm you like alcohol and does not spend your money if you are the right and reasonable player, but if you are not, then addiction will prevail over you and you will spend money and health and everything else

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think so. But this depends on the individual, as well as with other addictions.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Addiction is addiction, only you can control, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I've never used drugs, I play poker since I was 13 to 15 years old, I'm currently 68 years old'r[oximo of 69, until today I play as a hobby, I never abused and I don't abuse, I know perfectly the time to stop.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When are compared poker, drugs or alchol, the differences are visible.