poker academy

W

weirhere

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone here use poker academy 2 train and do u think it is worth it if u do

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played it. The web download version until it ran out, then bought a cheap older version off the Canadian Amazon, I think.

It can be fun. I didn't find the player's styles to match anything that I've seen online. You can almost guess, for example, when they're betting at a flush or OESD which they do all the time.

As basic training for learning the rules/basic pot odds ect. I think it's fine. Whether it's a better option than play money tables, I dunno. The big advantage is you can speed things up, plus look at thier cards to see how they play. They tend to be more aggressive than anyone I've played against, willing to go broke with somewhat so-so hands.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make your own adjustments to the computer players to have them act more like players you encounter online (or even live). Also, the AI (artificial intelligence) learns the way you play. Play too tight and they'll raise you quite often. Play too loose and they'll check-raise and trap you. You can't yet duplicate real players with video games, but I still like to train with Poker Academy once in a while.

Another good trainer (IMHO) is World Class Poker with TJ Cloutier. The video tips he gives in the game are great.