Poker as a game of skill, that's why its legality

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker has been a great success because it is a perfect mix of skill and luck. If it was too much skill, it would be like chess and there would be no fish who think they are good, even if they are lucky instead. If it was too lucky, it would be more like a roulette without professional players. the truth is that the balance moves according to whether it is online poker or live poker, where experts classify the first with 40% skill against 60% luck and he live quite the contrary with a figure of up to a 80% skill. Considering poker to be a game of skill is what has created its legality worldwide, if it were not so and considering it a game of chance, it would be prohibited in almost everyone, that is, skill is what has given legality. If you're new to poker and you're not sure it's a game of skill, it's perfectly normal. This is exactly the type of question that should be asked. The best way to know the answer is to play and study poker.

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker has been a great success because it is a perfect mix of skill and luck. If it was too much skill, it would be like chess and there would be no fish who think they are good, even if they are lucky instead. If it was too lucky, it would be more like a roulette without professional players. the truth is that the balance moves according to whether it is online poker or live poker, where experts classify the first with 40% skill against 60% luck and he live quite the contrary with a figure of up to a 80% skill. Considering poker to be a game of skill is what has created its legality worldwide, if it were not so and considering it a game of chance, it would be prohibited in almost everyone, that is, skill is what has given legality. If you're new to poker and you're not sure it's a game of skill, it's perfectly normal. This is exactly the type of question that should be asked. The best way to know the answer is to play and study poker.
You may be a solid and winning poker player who recognizes the deficiencies of a bad player, but when it comes to the mental game, you are likely to be no different

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am actually a beginner, but I am convinced that success depends more on the skill of the player. Luck is certainly very important, but in the long run, skilled and experienced players will always have the edge.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good thoughts.;) In principle, I agree with many things, if you do not take into account the aspects of poker depending on the type.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure skill plays a huge role in playing poker, but there is also a big difference between live poker and online poker, where live gaming stands out in terms of skill and strategy. When playing live, good players learn to read their opponents, their body movements, the dilation of their pupils, apart from making the opponent nervous. There are many reasons and strategies that are developed in the live game, even the distribution of cards is more random. I remember once 3 young people who invited the 6 best players in the world to play, cheating and playing a prank on these players, incredibly one of them managed to eliminate one of the cheats and realize in the end without being eliminated that they were being cheating. That's called having skill in the game

Top 10 Games