dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you recognize and accept the fact that poker is a long-term game, chances are you are a better poker player than most other players.When you lose, the failures seem to have no end. But this is just an illusion. Great poker players know that as long as they continue to play their best, losing is only temporary.Since you can't control how you spend session after session, why would you even waste your mental and emotional resources worrying about it?Perhaps poker is one of those games in which knowledge of the rules and luck are not as important as the right psychological attitude.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True, like playing the sport golf. You play against the course and also against yourself.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Sometimes it is like this since most people feel the pressure of the game when they do poorly or are in a negative variance and they do everything to be able to recover what they lost. It is the precise moment where one begins to play against oneself for the price of recover that unfortunately leads to more losses

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's not your mind, it's your ego.
but well for some it's mind LOL.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I agree with you. Of course you also have to play against your opponents, but definitely my biggest opponent sometimes is myself. I'm always trying to improve my psychological aspect, because I think it's very important if I want to have success playing poker.

M

Max Defensor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, that's the case for every 1x1 game: chess, tennis, darts

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Imho you play against your character traits. That's what makes it so exciting and the hardest games to master. In chess or backgammon etc. you can improve by studying only. In poker you need to evolve!

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
100% it is true. Only those who can overcome their own fears, emotions, and greed will be able to become good and successful players.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome dude, you are so right. This is one of the things I have been trying to overcome to be a better player!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From the moment you manage to overcome the greatest challenge that is to overcome your obstacles, to master your thoughts, you will be a winner, you just have to believe

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a captivating paradox where players engage with both external opponents and an internal dialogue. While facing adversaries, success hinges on mastering one's own emotions, decisions, and psychological nuances. It's a battle against the self—managing tilt, deciphering bluffs, and maintaining a strategic mindset. In moments of solitude at the table, it's this internal contest that defines the game. The interplay between external competition and internal mastery makes poker not just a card game but a profound exploration of self-discipline, resilience, and the intricacies of decision-making.

Top 10 Games