Is Poker a Game of Luck or a Game of Skills?

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's both ofc you need to be lucky to win all ins and ofc you need to be skilled to read the game

semsaltov77777

semsaltov77777

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
luck 99% skills 1%, I usually have it like this)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Imagine that you need good hands to win a pot. But pretending to have good hands to win a pot is where all the skills come from.
You already answered your question yourself. It's a game of skill, whoever manages to demonstrate the best hand wins.
But poker is more than that, for example, it is necessary to have a reading of who is playing against, in addition, a continuous analysis of the metagame is necessary. so it's more complex than just showing a hand.

But in general, yes, it's a game of skill.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker is a game of chance:rolleyes:
Chances are you have enough skill and patience to wait for your luck to kick in :LOL: so the cards will fall your way.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without a doubt skill, of course there are times when luck helps us more in general, skill far outweighs luck

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Both of course. Skill is a good and necessary poker asset, luck sure is also nice to have when you pull out that impossible hand.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is about 25% a game of luck and 75% a game of experience and skill. I've seen how professionals play live poker, how these people read each other's hands, how they bluff and win big pots. There are a lot of nuances in poker that a player must take into account in order to play well. Professionals, or they are also called regulars, are those players who take into account all these nuances. When I play poker, I always keep track of what position I am in, what position my opponents are raising from, what size bets or raises they are making, and many other factors. When I meet a person at the table who does not know all this, it is easier for me to play against him.

Top 10 Games