mmanea

mmanea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Has anyone started a journey towards playing poker as a form of stable income? Besides the guides found here in CC, does anyone use other websites in order to sharpen their skill when playing poker?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be a tough journey if it were your only source of income. You should be an established winning player at the stakes you will be playing and have about 6 months worth of monthly expensesn the bank before you try to do this.

Keeping an alternative source of income is highly recommended.

There are a lot of good training sites available and some private coaching might be a good idea before you start seriously consider it.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are quite a few players who live off poker income. You correctly said that you need to learn poker constantly.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is the dream of many living poker is not easy at all but it is possible and there are many online sites where you can get material to develop your game skills skills and strategies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In order to trust playing poker as your only source of income, you must be a really good player and have a good reserve of money in case of dispersion !!! I obviously do not fit these criteria, so poker is just an additional source of income for me !!!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's been said many times before that this is harder than it used to be in the past, but doable if you live in a country with lower living costs.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it's the dream of many of us but we have to be realistic, calculate how much you need for the next years for yourself, for your family to live a decent life or better. You must be a player with good and very good results with a consistent increase in bankroll and constant. But if we look at the big names in poker it is possible. Good luck!

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone started a journey towards playing poker as a form of stable income? Besides the guides found here in CC, does anyone use other websites in order to sharpen their skill when playing poker?
Well only a few players are skilled enough to live from poker... and it's not my case. But you never know... :LOL:

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never thought to live from poker because then it would be a very quick and poor life :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Don't leave your job , and not take poker as your first source of livelihood. Don't, then don't. This is how you are heading towards bankruptcy

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
work should always be considered poker as a hobby because here you will have an unstable income, save money to live for at least 6 months or more after you can play and treat poker as a job because you will already have exactly the money for half a year, it will make at least some sense if you play poker well

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'd consider poker career similar to sports career. You need to put thons of effort and time into it and most of the people doing it can get by, but are not superstars. They break their body to make a decent living.
With poker it's going to be the same. Endless hours of grinding behind your screen to make same or sometimes even less than you would at your regular 8 hour work. At start it might be fun, because you might not consider it a job straight away. After a while it becomes a stressful job that you MUST do to make a living.
The only beacon of light is the dream to strike the gold. Go deep in some big tournament or something and cover lifetime of expenses. You must determine however, are you a dreamer? :)

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I think if you play only online it would be a lot difficult, however if you're grinding live you can do it. live is softer than online.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought about it at first, but now its just my sorce of stable fun :cool:

Its a shame that when you put money expectatives on what you like, when you transform it on a job, you actually start lossing the interest you once had on it

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing about 8 hrs a day for years then my health went bad play only once or twice a week for a few hours. Making poker your only income is very hard.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
money makes money, so unless you already have it, poker is not a good source of income.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that most of the people who are passionate about poker... wish at some point to make a living from poker... however you have to prepare yourself very well, build a strategy that can constantly generate profits over time... and that is not easy... I am in that process... and until I manage to be consistent at the end of each month at least in a period of one year... I would start to consider dedicating myself to poker full time...

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very difficult due to huge variance. You would have huge losses and wins, would be a very unstable source of income.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Who doesn't want to live out of poker but not everyone can achieve it

mmanea

mmanea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It would be a tough journey if it were your only source of income. You should be an established winning player at the stakes you will be playing and have about 6 months worth of monthly expensesn the bank before you try to do this.

Keeping an alternative source of income is highly recommended.

There are a lot of good training sites available and some private coaching might be a good idea before you start seriously consider it.
I am a full time manager, I do not plan to transition any time soon, I was just wondering how many take it seriously, because, as anything in life, if you take it professionally and seriously, it can amaze you what the outcome might be. Poker has an high potential.

mmanea

mmanea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I was playing about 8 hrs a day for years then my health went bad play only once or twice a week for a few hours. Making poker your only income is very hard.
I hope you are well now mate!!

mmanea

mmanea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I thought about it at first, but now its just my sorce of stable fun :cool:

Its a shame that when you put money expectatives on what you like, when you transform it on a job, you actually start lossing the interest you once had on it
Because of the need right? The stable source, if you had like 12 months of income plus 40k aside, would you think differently?

mmanea

mmanea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'd consider poker career similar to sports career. You need to put thons of effort and time into it and most of the people doing it can get by, but are not superstars. They break their body to make a decent living.
With poker it's going to be the same. Endless hours of grinding behind your screen to make same or sometimes even less than you would at your regular 8 hour work. At start it might be fun, because you might not consider it a job straight away. After a while it becomes a stressful job that you MUST do to make a living.
The only beacon of light is the dream to strike the gold. Go deep in some big tournament or something and cover lifetime of expenses. You must determine however, are you a dreamer? :)
I am a dreamer, as you said, I have spent sometimes 3 hours to win 4 $ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Great advice anyways, good luck, I feel you are a dreamer too!!

mmanea

mmanea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it's the dream of many of us but we have to be realistic, calculate how much you need for the next years for yourself, for your family to live a decent life or better. You must be a player with good and very good results with a consistent increase in bankroll and constant. But if we look at the big names in poker it is possible. Good luck!
I am very organized, it made a lot of sense for me, thats why I asked, thanks Kiravio!! Good luck!