Is poker a form of therapy for you?

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was extremely stressed and nervous about my wife's accident, but when I play poker it gives me a very good relaxation and that's why I consider poker a therapy.
For sure, I play for fun, and for this purpose it works.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I consider poker to be good therapy for the soul. I play on weekends, and it helps me to relax and not to think about work and routine!

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To some extent therapy to relax and have fun)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
yes poker makes it possible to forget about your life's problems

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The opportunity to play poker gives you the opportunity to dream about the good, as well as take your free time on vacation at home:)

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you play moderately, then yes, poker is like therapy. But if the game is broken (tilt), the effect will be the opposite.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opposite of therapy for me! Too many bad beats to find it 100% comfortable.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps you are right, because during the game I give myself completely to the game and try not to think about anything else !!!

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest I never thought of it as a therapy but sometimes it 's soothing to play a game and don' t think about life. If you play recreational I think it's a form of relaxation and helps improve the general mood.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's not a therapy, at least I never felt calmer when I was playing poker. It's good when I win and makes me happy of course, but many times I lose and it can be very stressfull. I think it's more a hobby than a therapy.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes you got it ,when i am feeling bad ,the only escape from everything is playing poker .

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I fill my free time playing poker after all my work is done.

Sometimes it adds stress when you lose too much :oops:. That's what bankrolls do to keep your emotions in check and have fun with poker.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was extremely stressed and nervous about my wife's accident, but when I play poker it gives me a very good relaxation and that's why I consider poker a therapy.
First of all, I hope your wife is doing well, I wish her well.
Secondly, poker for me is a distraction, it's a way to spend time doing something I enjoy.:)(y)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If there's therapy which makes things worse then yes :unsure:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
lately is become a fun part of my life ..I keep losing and losing and losing , game after game ...Ș))...and only with good cards , I dont try anything special Ș))...but yeah , is just a game ...what can i do if only just amuz myself of the play of others Ș)

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
poker gets you into enlightenment every now and then it is mood changer
I don’t know about enlightenment in its direct meaning, but the fact that my mood depends on the results of the game session is a fact and I also need to work with this. In the sense of neutralizing this dependence and reaching an even mood, regardless of what is happening at the poker table. Partially, I already get it - I take bad beats calmly, I just keep playing. And yes, poker is a kind of psychological therapy and a teacher of life skills in itself.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is also a great game and recreation for me, an interactive game of chess with eight other people who are currently sitting at my table and are logged in from many other places in the world. In addition to great relaxation, poker is also a multicultural experience. :)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello friend, first of all I hope your wife is in good health, which is what matters.
Look, I had a problem similar to yours. When I met my wife today in 2009, she told me that she had Parkinson's disease. This disease is very cruel.
In those times to let's say abstract myself from the situation and relax, I had to leave the poker that she played regularly to start accompanying my wife in everything. So I started playing a game called Tropic Storm, in which I made a lot of friends, some of them I know personally.
The game expired in 2019, and in turn my wife's illness began to worsen.
In 2021 she underwent a miraculous operation at the Fleni Institute in Buenos Aires argentina. Thank God she is like new today, in very good condition.
And well, when she was hospitalized, let's say to kill some time, she again opened an account at pokerstars and started playing poker again.
And to this day you could say yes, it is my daily therapy. And when I found Cardschat it became my main therapy. Because here you really talk with friends, you change opinions, you think about everything that is attractive to you, it is a beautiful page highly recommended.
It could be said that both poker and cardschat are much better therapy than any psychoanalysis session, without neglecting the great task that psychologists do in helping people to solve their daily problems or life itself.
Greetings dear friend,;););)(y)(y)(y)

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I need therapy just after poker:RoflMao:. And to be honest, before poker distracted me from work, now from the war.