takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Who hates them as much as I do?

I wouldn't say I hate them because I lose w/AA as well as JJ or 52o or 87s or... You get the picture. They're just two random cards that came together and wanna play w/the rest of the pack (pun intended). JJ by itself is just a pair of jacks. If a decent player in the blind has suited connectors and chips to call at least a 3xBB raise then you've got to play them as a poker hand; in other words they're gonna need help either from other cards or a nice bluff. I, myself, only feel safe playing them out of position if I have the chip-lead or I'm looking to double-up.
When it comes to hate I suppose I do hate other people's luck. But I'm sure there's players who feel the same about me at the table when I suck out, lol. It's frick & frack, give & take, ebb & flow, etc. ;)

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket Jacks are okay.....not my best hand or worst hand but its pretty decent to play with...I think there is no right or wrong way to play jacks..

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am quite unlucky with JJ. I think it's best to go all-in in the hope that noone calls.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i see noone likes jacks but i have no problem to get them everytime
i dont like 25off :D

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don’t hate them nor do I love them. But I can see why many people would hate them.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have more problems with QQ than JJ . because you can let go JJ easier . but QQ can give you a lot of trouble

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The main and common mistake is that players overestimate the strength of a pair jacks.Preflop this is a really good hand,but already on the flop in becomes very vulnerable.ln addition,it is extremely difficult to strengthen such a combination.These two factors mean one thing:you should not put all your ships into this combination.Pre-flop you will often be called with an ace,king or queen, and any appearance of such cards on the flop will put you in an uncomfortable position.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you know how to play every hand on every position and situation , there is no need to hate a hand , even if it is 22 or 72s :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here the probability is exactly 50-50, either we win or we lose, the rest does not work:)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the J,J pair :rolleyes:, I just don't like it when the ace is on the flop or villian K,x finds a king on the flop.

Honestly, in a pot raised with J,J, I'm only calm with the set. :lollypop:

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like JJ as well as AQ offsuit.

Why bring AQ into this. I hate AQ it's cursed.

JJ, well you have to be in the hand and that can be expensive, but you only know what they are worth after the flop, and they can be ruined by an over card on the turn or the river.

One of the most difficult hands to play, but I don't hate them.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
JJ is a pain to play. I will usually see the flop if the pre-flop raises haven't gotten too out of hand. I've been willing to fold JJ's or lower if there's alot of raises as the potential to get caught out goes up drastically.

Same goes for the betting after the flop. If a Q,K,A comes out and someone starts betting/raising more than pre-flop then I'd rather cut my losses there than risk it. This has saved my arse more times than I've lost out, so I'm happy playing this way instead.

One thing I try and remind myself of when playing is there is 'no need to be a hero'. Just because you've seen the flop doesn't mean you need to play through the river, and if you have any serious doubts about playing your hand then it's better to cut your losses and try again on the next one.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good hand, just dont beafraid much, play it like TT or 99 and everth will be fine

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess that one good thing about pocket jacks is that they are a lot easier to get away from than kings or aces.

S

Stevoodoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Nightmare hand for some people.
I personally like it but 3 players I know hate it, always pipped by 1 higher.
I have the same problem with KK

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good God hahaha how I have lost games with par J.
I have more negative memories than positive when playing JJ

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a very overrated pair, you lose more than you win.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
here at CC Games... I love this type of game

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I really don't like them! I have never won with this hand in important giveaways