Please explain to my friends...

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game where LUCK has much to do.

But the ability to minimize the risk of losing is very important, and there are many factors to consider.
The ability to read the players actions/emotions, the ability to play the psicology of the game... when to bet, when to raise.. .and which tactic to use against each player...

POKER is much of a MIND game, with LUCK always going around.

Constantinoleon

Constantinoleon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantino

poker is like war no matter how many soldiers there sometimes the best extra-win wins and sometimes depends on luck

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell your friends that it’s possible to successfully do one thing: roll a die. Only poker consists of many factors. This is a mathematical analysis, intuition, mood, motivation, discipline, dealer move, bet and the decision of other players and this is all poker.:eek:

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I think poker is 70% lucky and 30% skill, with no luck you won't be out in a game soon.[/COLOR]​

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im with them!!!! its luck but you got to know how to play!! but in the end its luck!!!

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why poker isn't just a game of luck!

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle trying to explain why this isn't the case

Poker is a game of reason, but without luck, you never win, so I figure it's 50/50.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
However, what form of explanation would it be tempting to explain with some tem several world poker tournaments and is always high, will it be that the greatest draw is the strategy learned?

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Battles like this are never lost, and it is not just luck, here there is strategy, there is planning, there is study and knowledge

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no need to explain, they just have to play and they will realize that they need something more than "luck" to be able to succeed in this game.:)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why poker isn't just a game of luck!

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle trying to explain why this isn't the case

I feel the easiest and maybe the most simple way to explain poker is to tell your friends about odds, most people can grasp the idea that if you make a bet knowing that you have a 60-40 or 75-25 % chance of winning the pot, it is not the same as flipping a coin?? As you can see by the comments, there are people who play poker, that are convinced it is luck???? So decide , is it worth the energy to convince a hard-headed person?? Maybe just nod your head and say, OK, whatever you say!!!:D

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does seem that the general consensus is that there is a lot more to poker than just luck.

Yes, remember some people will never change their mind. No matter how strong the argument or how many facts you can give them.:deal: