Playing While Sick

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the game affect being with the flu or some other type of problem that causes us discomfort? For example, if I have a tournament, is it convenient to play it in that state? I would like you to tell me if you went through something similar and how it went. I ask them why it hasn't happened to me yet.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d never play in a live tournament while sick, but I’ve played sick online quite a few times. For me it comes down to how bad I really feel and taking it a bit easier than I otherwise would—as in playing fewer tables and avoiding tournaments that could lead to more complicated adjustments that are more unfamiliar for me (say like an odd-structured satellite or something). I think it’s very important to just be honest with yourself and not play if you aren’t able to play well! :)

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also never play live poker while sick, but online yes I would play. It would depend how I felt at that moment, but if I thought I was feeling well enough to play then I would play. I may not play my best so I would probably play micros or freerolls. I find when I am ill it helps keep my mind busy and not thinking so much about how awful I may be feeling. I think its worth it for my mental health, because I love poker, and it makes me feel better just to play even if I’m not playing my best.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think you can make the best decisions when you don't feel good ... I make very bad decisions when I'm hungry, for example :)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the game affect being with the flu or some other type of problem that causes us discomfort? For example, if I have a tournament, is it convenient to play it in that state? I would like you to tell me if you went through something similar and how it went. I ask them why it hasn't happened to me yet.
Hello
I played, but honestly nothing good came of it, it's better to watch YouTube with the game
Sincerely Sergey

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I never play when I feel bad. Rest in such cases is the best option. Do not force yourself to play. Obviously, playing sick, your chances of winning are significantly reduced.

S

sztellu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't recommend it because you can't pay attention in a better normal state and healthily

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Over the past few years I have had ongoing health problems that have put me in hospital 6 times. You can't just throw in the towel and quit so I try to keep going but I know my standard of play is badly down. Never mind....just keep on keeping on !!!!

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the body of an online poker player is not much different from the body of other people, they also fear disease. It would seem that the player is sitting indoors, does not perform heavy physical exercises and even talk about communicating with other people, but for him the malaise is no less dangerous.
In its most general form, a common cold for an online poker player is straight EB. The reason for this is the disease itself: discomfort, general fatigue, difficulty concentrating, decreased motivation, deterioration of creativity. This is very similar to the situation where the player has trouble sleeping. This condition is caused by the body's response to illness. Since illness is a natural phenomenon, it should be viewed as a factor over which you have no control. It is important that now we are talking about an already sick person.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a feverish state or a flu you will always have greater fatigue, wear and tear, reluctance, situations that will confuse you and affect your game. Think from the beginning that you do not feel good, you will not feel good playing poker being bad either

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: Playing while sick

I do not recommend that since you can make bad decisions based on your illness, although if it is not so serious there would be no problems

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time when i have played in not optimal physical and/or mental shape i play worse than normal. being sick will have detrimental effect on your game especially if you have fever.

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can influence ur mindset somehow .... i prefer playing when in good shape and condition... after a Workout or a nice meal

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro. It totally depends on how well you can focus and if you are playing online or live. If I am sick, like down with the flu or hungover from the previous night's binge, then playing online sick is no big deal.

However, I would never play LIVE being that sick. Not only is it not fair to my opponents, but playing LIVE comes with it's own set of headaches (Tourney & Cash) that just makes being sick 10x worse.

If you are sick, play online.

GL GL,

Houdini9

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It hurts you decision making and slows down you recovery. So I'd say to play minimum amount of games while sick, only something essential.

T

t1963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
win i won a ticket to a tournament and it had to be played about 4 in the morning i still played sick so i would not lose the ticket

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing sick

I did not go through this anymore if you are sick and unable to concentrate I would not enter a tournament because a tournament to be won must be played with concentration and a lot of patience and when we are sick it is kind of difficult to concentrate so if you are sick you can concentrate not to play wrong can play normally

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is good to avoid playing poker when you are sick. In fact, avoid physical and mental efforts when you are ill. It is important to be in good mental, psychological and physical health for any activity you are going to practice, regardless of whether it is poker or any other activities.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think it’s a good idea to play while being sick, because it could cause lack of concentration, you wouldn’t be able to enjoy it and in general I would just suggest to relax and watch a movie or read a book.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, if you play paying the entrance, I recommend that you do not play when you are in any discomfort or illness, because you will lose concentration, but if it is a free tournament, it will not affect your Bank Rolls.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being sick absolutely affects your mental conditioning and ability to calculate. Thinking clearly can change whether or not you make a close call after calculating pot odds.