infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
While you are high you are more relaxed and in live poker you are harder to read. + getting a bad beat wont put you in tilt

yall think its a good idea
I rarely drink alcohol, but if I do I never start the game. I take poker seriously, regardless of the type of tournament. Alcohol helps to relax, but in my opinion, poker requires concentration.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When playing with friends (low stakes) the beer and weed flows freely, but when playing seriously I prefer to remain sober and clearheaded.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Playing high I suppose if you play live, you will easily confuse your opponents or you can pass the other side of the coin and you will be easy to read, I would never dare to play high, it can make you make bad decisions

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I love playing high because then I'm not sitting here saying I need to get high lol

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people say that it helps take some of the edges off of playing the game. I have trouble just concentrating on what to do next. Sometimes I even forget that I'm playing.

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
it's not a good idea to gamble while drunk unless you have a lot of money and don't care if you lose it ;)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What poor thinking! If that's better, then let's just stay like that in all everyday decisions, not just in poker! pfff...

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to eat a chocolate bar before the session. The brain works better

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never tried. But i think its not a good ideia.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest problem I face playing high is with my attention, but with less tables going on at the same time I really like the vibe. Plus, it stimulates my creativity and give me anothers perspectives for analysing the game.

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to loosen up your range is to play while high lol

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I have my best results while playing high..
That doesn't make it a good option for everyone though.
Also it highly depends on the strain. If it's a weed which calms you down and doesn't make you sleepy ..great
Stuff which makes you high like in the movies ...Not so much 🙃

Markiizas

Markiizas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LT
Chips
For me, the best to play is when I am totally chill and relax. Best results are when I am on my days off from work and I am able concentrate to poker 100%. So no drinks or getting high :)

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the person and the weed. If I smoke a primarily sativa blend I can think clearly and play as well as if not better than as straight. But if I take an indica blend I tend to get tired quicker and lose focus.

But it really is something comes down to personal choice.

Also, for frame of reference I had dealt with serious chronic pain throughout various stages of my life. And without weed, I would not have been able to excel in my work life, because it was a better pain management option that any of the drugs the doctors prescribed since they usually knocked me out. Consequently I was able to show up and work proficiently. And that was in a fortune 500 company in a high stress environment.

But I also don't smoke to get insanely high, just enough to get a decent buzz. But during that particular job I had enough trouble getting out of bed at 4am everydaywhen dealing wiht Lyme disease joint pain. Didn't do it every day just when I had pain to deal with.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I think it depends on the person and the weed. If I smoke a primarily sativa blend I can think clearly and play as well as if not better than as straight. But if I take an indica blend I tend to get tired quicker and lose focus.

But it really is something comes down to personal choice.

Also, for frame of reference I had dealt with serious chronic pain throughout various stages of my life. And without weed, I would not have been able to excel in my work life, because it was a better pain management option that any of the drugs the doctors prescribed since they usually knocked me out. Consequently I was able to show up and work proficiently. And that was in a fortune 500 company in a high stress environment.

But I also don't smoke to get insanely high, just enough to get a decent buzz. But during that particular job I had enough trouble getting out of bed at 4am everydaywhen dealing wiht Lyme disease joint pain. Didn't do it every day just when I had pain to deal with.
I know exactly what you mean..
Shame Cannabis has still such a stigma
We could discuss that further but I think that would be off topic

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure that you always make the right decisions when playing high, most likely there will be a lot of bluffing in such a game and the opponents will definitely take advantage of it.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Very bad idea. doing any activity while drugged is stupid, besides seeming to me in bad taste, such a topic is this forum. Drugs are bad for anyone and if someone uses them they should be absolutely discreet and die in their silence, and not bring up the subject as normal.

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Don't think that would have better results in the long term but everyone is different I guess!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing poker under the influence of psychedelics is almost impossible, even if you took a small dose. The fact is that mescaline and similar substances change the perception of reality, and you stop thinking rationally. And rational thinking must be present in a poker player.Perhaps the safest drug is marijuana. Unless, of course, the words "safe" and "drug" can generally be put side by side in one sentence.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Very bad idea. doing any activity while drugged is stupid, besides seeming to me in bad taste, such a topic is this forum. Drugs are bad for anyone and if someone uses them they should be absolutely discreet and die in their silence, and not bring up the subject as normal.
Or you could keep your opinion, which sounds like something fukn Nixon would say to yourself :)

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can only perform well with cannabis... it helps to reassure me playing against so many bad players!!! haha
People think that people who smoke weed are out of their minds! hahahaha
Imagine you taking a medication that calms you down and despite affecting short-term memory, we have more positive than negative factors in its use (moderately of course)

Well.... we are not here to change anyone's opinion because we are the result of the environment in which we live.
I have no doubt that you use things much more harmful than cannabis for your health. But like I said, everyone has their experiences.
In any case, we are in the 21th century where we can inform ourselves about many, many subjects. Being ignorant about something is just an incentive for us to research it and have more understanding about it.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no thx ..geting high is not for me ...