hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
While you are high you are more relaxed and in live poker you are harder to read. + getting a bad beat wont put you in tilt

yall think its a good idea

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Alas, not for me. I'm starting to do stupid things. The game is not going as it should be.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Oh, how! You know me better than I know myself. Well, it's probably better to look from the outside.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't even play if I had a hard day at work! Try play in a good mood, well rested and with no drink or smoke. Something I read early on stayed with me.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally not for me lol never touched a drug in my entire life but if that’s your thing who is anyone to stand in your way provided it’s legal where you live of course 😉

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

R

RAGNARKZ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's better to play with a cool head

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when the buzz, except for a little alcohol, I love beer

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
While you are high you are more relaxed and in live poker you are harder to read. + getting a bad beat wont put you in tilt

If playing sober I can no longer win, imagine drunk.:ROFLMAO:

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
it's a very bad idea to play while drunk, better to do something else :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's a bad idea to play like this, it's better to play sober and think

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play poker when I drink alcohol, it relaxes me, the main thing is not to get carried away,
when you start to lose you have to stop.:devilish::)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It can influence your judgment which can, as a consequence, lead to decreasing profits. If you treat is as a job, it's a nono for me.
Joint after hours is a different story, though :cool:

D

DrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible idea for most people I imagine. Might not negatively effect some though.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
even after drinking a little beer, the game becomes quite different, you lose control of the game, so my advice is not a drop if you want to achieve a good result

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good idea to play while being high. It's even better to let us know where you are playing at the time.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Never played while high. But I played when I was drunk 😂😂 it's such a cool feeling. It feels like you're not playing for real money and can go all-in with 7 2😀 when the table is dealt AA10 K J

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
While in the early stages of the tournament, it is important to maintain your stack to get right at the end. As for reading the opponents, I will disagree, because I believe that in live, you have more tells of your opponents.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Never been high, I would be afraid to play high. It might improve my game. I have only had a drink or two just to get relaxed before a game if I think I am the fish, hahahahaha

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes is good for me drunk when play, but not so much, because it's very clear to me this is not a lucrative thing to do

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play high everyday. I think it's a good thing for me. It really gets my mind churning and I end up having full blown conversations in my head about why a person is or isn't holding a particular hand. To add to this, marijuana in general, opens up your "creative side". Being creative throughout a tournament is a great tool to keep in the toolbox. Example: We all generally have a particular play style, and great players will pick up on your style and take their notes and you will be somewhat readable to an experienced player. But throw in some creativeness here and there, like checking or betting when you shouldn't, 4 bet jamming in certain situations, calling that 4 bet with 4 5 suited, etc. It can really throw off your opponents. GTO kind of goes along with this as you should always have bluffs in your range. This is my opinion the subject. I turned pro a couple of years ago. I can't say it's been easy or extremely profitable, but it's been paying the bills. Keep grinding 👍

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Following your logic - only alcoholics and drug addicts play live poker:mad:

T

tuskaaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Havent tried playing high but sometimes a few beers can indeed help you relax and do ballsy stuff you wouldnt dare otherwise.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loved nothing better than seeing beer bottles in the cup holders and drinks on the little carts. Many a electricity bill was paid with their money.