ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
According to many opinions and poker statistics, the elite players who can make a living from this are only approximately 5% of all. You must be careful if you want to leave work that gives you the livelihood of life. And play everything for everything for poker because you think you are part of that 5%.

Not all rosy in this. To be a poker pro, you must eat, bathe, dress, sleep, and even dream about poker. You have to spend many hours of your life sitting down playing on the weekends when the best tournaments are on. You must really love this game to dedicate all the time in the world to it and hope that with the greatest of luck they win.

Some of us at CardsChat dream of being professional players and that we win a big prize and the photo and everything. I mean we would all love that, because of the commercials and tv. But all that is behind a professional player is hard work and dedication.

Last edited:
M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on what level you are at. If you are going to invest in poker I recommend investing in study

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I've always read that you shouldn't play poker, counting on the money you can or can't win, investing money in order to win money can affect your decisions and harm your game and your profitability.
Even good poker players go through variance moments and can go long periods without making money getting even or even losing a lot of money.
You playing poker relying on the money you can win is not recommended in my opinion, but people are free to do whatever they want.
GL at the tables.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On the UK stockmarket you can in invest in Flutter (stars), 888 holdings and entain (party). or maybe buy a slice of denegs up coming WPT action. I guess they all could be classed as investments in poker.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good or bad, depends how much you invest and what kind of return you are expecting. you have to be very good, and lucky to make enough for a good return.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing poker for fur for 5 years, now that I have a job I think about raising stakes and invest some money in poker, is that a good idea?
I would say it depends. It's difficult to explain, but in my opinion a quote from Yoda fits quite well: Do it or don't do it. There is no try.
I think the doubts you still have already confirm to you that you still need time until the confidence comes. I also once had the desire to start a career with poker. However, it requires a lot of sacrifice.

It also means that you can lose a lot and you should invest all your time in it. I would therefore recommend to rather build up a bankroll with freerolls and through these games not primarily think about the money, but more about the learning effect. It is not even that hard to build up 1000$ bankroll with freerolls with some talent and patience. It just takes some time. But once you've done that, you've already proven one of the most important attributes for a career in poker, which is perseverance and patience. Long term thinking, you must :)

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
To consider money put into poker or anything and consider that money an investment one must first have a history of being a winning player or a winner that can make money on whatever the money is being invested in. Majority of poker players can have no real expectation of making money from poker cause majority of players are in fact losing players. Spending money on a hobby isn't investing.

So it depends have been a winning player for 5 years now? If not you can't really consider the money spent on poker an investment. Nothing wrong with that though as there's nothing wrong with spending money on a hobby you enjoy and have fun doing. Just make sure you keep your poker hobby at a level you can afford to spend no different then any other hobby.

Cheers!!!

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you invest enough time into studying poker, it can be. If you are just blindly playing and hoping to get some few binks - Then prob not.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Yes, and not very good of that kind, high risk for return of every size :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course it's a good idea if you earned this money and you don't really need it in your life, then you can invest it in any money that you think will generate income, it may even be poker so if you are a good player you can play them but there is 1 more option if you are a bad player then you can buy shares from good players who you think they are good players and buying shares from them you can earn money even without playing poker good luck you think you my advice will help

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Of course it's a good idea if you earned this money and you don't really need it in your life, then you can invest it in any money that you think will generate income, it may even be poker so if you are a good player you can play them but there is 1 more option if you are a bad player then you can buy shares from good players who you think they are good players and buying shares from them you can earn money even without playing poker good luck you think you my advice will help

Yep a good point. One doesn't have to be a winning player. You can always stake others. This is the one thing I really loved about GG poker for the short period I played their. Staking people in MTT's was just as enjoyable and fun for me as playing was and I did ok with it at micro/low stakes. Even that will still take some work searching/studying other players to find who you wanna stake at the markup they're asking. And the staking at GG is all controlled by GG when it comes to the money side. So no depending on the player himself to pay you when he cashes.

Cheers!!!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a good idea to keep poker as a 2bd 'job' and invest into it

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I think that if you want to dedicate yourself in poker and invest money, consider quiting job.

Grabobbe

Grabobbe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
No… Hehe
That would kinda be the same as saying, that training football when being a kid is an investment. Very few people ever get to live for the money earned from poker. At best, if you are not getting absolutely awesome at it, you will be wasting a lot of time while enjoying yourself more or less for free. Depending on your skill, off course…
But good luck to people trying to make it. It is obviously not impossible… 😊

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
play the big Scoop/Wcoop/MMS / sunday Storm / Sunday major tournaments the best players are there; you can delete everything you have on the micros, the best are really good players

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It depends on whether the level of the player allows him to generate a return on investment, you must have a good technical level and good bankroll management to generate a positive ROI.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To play poker profitably it takes a lot of time, knowledge and experience. Above all, the most important self-discipline and patience. You must be able to live with losses. That's my problem, I can't cope with losses and try to make up for them at a higher level until my entire bankroll is lost. That's why I will probably never manage to be successful, although I know my mistakes. However, if you can master the above points, you can turn money into more money with poker. But only a few make it, I think it's less than 5 percent.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't think poker is a place to invest .
For me I am trying to learn more about poker and if money and wealth come I will be happy .
But I don't rely on poker entirely .

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with your opinion. Investing your money in knowledge that can only be gained through practice is crucial. To start winning, it's necessary to play a large number of hands, develop your own game strategy, and consistently stick to it. By doing so, you increase your chances of success in poker.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yep!!You invest time money and some times nervs!

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker is not a traditional investment in the financial sense. However, it can be viewed as an investment in one's skills, knowledge, and experience. With proper strategy and bankroll management, it can yield profitable returns over time

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I've been playing poker for fur for 5 years, now that I have a job I think about raising stakes and invest some money in poker, is that a good idea?
If you play wining poker, try it.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a risky investment, so you can try to invest money, but only the amount you are willing to lose.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I personally use poker for relatively cheap entertainment. I try to go in at least 1 or 2 tourneys on my weekends, even if just a $5 buy in. Can supply me with up to 8 hours entertainment for $5, and can make some money at the same time