Can Playing Poker Cause Depression?

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can playing poker cause depression ?

I would say if someone doesn’t have the right frame of mind and goes on a big down swing then yes

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the personality of the person, if you have a long losing streak you will feel a bit of depression but with respect to poker, that your playing time is not being rewarded

V

Vp888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, especially when you lose constantly

sumansu

sumansu

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about asking yourself this question:

Can being depressed cause you to play poker?

Something that makes you go hummm!
No, I am from india. My bank doesn't allow me to deposit. so I haven't lost anything yet, i am asking this because poker is too addictive and one can cross one's limit that's why i have posted this.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game. Do not take it too seriously.

poker is a game only when you do not bet any money, you bet money and you have no self-control then you can really seriously confuse your psyche and the worst without realizing it

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can cause a very serious depression, but the good thing about poker is that if you beat the tilt you could become a stronger person in life

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Still as !
dv3a6xomzxqzpcmgstoj.png

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Yes, playing poker can cause depression, because poker is a tense game that requires psychological preparation.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you lose games in a row with many Bad beats yes it can cause a momentary depression and it is time to give a break of one to two days do other activities that give you pleasure to recover and forget the losses.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I love play poker, sometimes I hate play poker. Sometimes I believe that I am doing all this online “work” without any positive monetary benefits to show for it. Many time I begin to doubt my game, my talent, my dedication, and myself personally. What I do? I give a break (more than one month). When I come back I am more patient at the tables and gradually controlling my emotions and avoiding tilt. Poker or other game can be addictive. Take care and good luck brothers.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Failures are always frustrating and can cause depression. We need to take a break for a few days. And for inspiration to see how successful players play, and to think that they have failures. And you - good luck and good mood!:itsme:

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If playing causes depression, then you need to take a break

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything can cause depression through obsession. Taken poker in moderation and playing with funds you know you could lose should help. Who wouldn't be depressed after playing for long periods of time and losing their bankroll. Could be more pissed than depressed. Make choices you knowing the outcome and accept them.

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If all the time playing loosely then yes .

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my discretion, it all depends on the person

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My depression is usually short-lived. Break from poker, the sea and tranquility returns

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was always hard to retreat after a series of losers, so it's better not to waste your bankroll, and survive this day, try a new day with new forces

I

itrade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing is fun losing money causes depression lol but the more you play the better you get the better you get the more money you make the happier you become.

D

ddawgadiily

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If u are getting depressed. I’d say u should stop playing and think about what’s important in life!

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[emoji106]
Can Playing Poker Cause Depression?

The short answer is No, at least not directly on it's own.

Hondo probably gave the best answer in the third post after your question.

Many of the other posts are really describing frustration, annoyance, bad moods or feelings and not actual depression.

Simply playing poker is not sufficient to cause depression.
Playing poker whilst already suffering depression will probably be unprofitable and contribute to the depth of depression.

It is more likely that the negative consequences of a gambling addiction such as financial difficulty and loneliness from the obsession could lead to depression.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gambling addiction is a disease from which anyone can get sick and this disease can lead to serious consequences including depression

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no if you put a little and play slowly

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tudo depende de quanto você se esforça e quanto você se entusiasma com isso se os resultados não vierem, eu pego o poker mais como hobby do que como fonte de renda.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please mention.
Depression of course will come, because it is constantly impossible to win! The main question is how to deal with it and start tilovati! Tilt will lead to large losses of chips, and it will increase depression.:evil:

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find poker as my entertainment. Win or lose, I am happy to have the opportunity to mingle with friends and get to know the new opponents at the table. Tilting can come under control if you discipline your play. Try to enjoy your time on the felt. Good luck..