play sad

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you think? They could play the day after having a loss of a relative, if they already paid the very expensive entrance. They would play or they would not mind losing the money from the entrance.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If your relative would've wanted you to play, then I say go for it! :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you decide to play whatever it is, there must be appetite for this and concentration. There is no meaning to play something you don't like, or to do something without the focus you should have.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absolutely no desire to play. I ran into this and I was unable to concentrate. Only when everything is in order with your relatives do you have the desire and opportunities.

H

Hotlantan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, it would depend on your relationship to the deceased and what alternative it is you would be doing to occupy your time instead of playing. But I would think playing would allow you to shift your focus of concentration and not dwell on the death.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously I would not be able to focus playing poker especially when I've witnessed a relative pass away. I try occupy my mind to other activities like walking to a park and let my mind drift away.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think I could, but I wouldn't judge anyone if they did. Everyone deals with pain differently and everyone has their own way of dealing with it

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It obviously depends on the person and the circumstances. Whatever goes on in your personal life, you have to be focused and present, in the moment, when playing poker if you want to play well.

Some people play poker as an escape (could be in a good way) in the sense that it takes their mind off of their life problems and gives them something to do in the moment. For this type of person, they might enjoy playing poker after something sad because it helps take their mind off of it temporarily.

Conversely, some people must be motivated in all aspects of life before bringing that to their poker. These personalities wouldn't be able to play poker well if they were sad, or whatever else in life wasn't in order.

I think it ultimately comes down to how you think your feelings going into the game would impact your play. In the case of feeling sad going into the game, you would have to determine for yourself if this would negatively impact your poker game or if you could still play your best poker.

That would determine if you should be playing poker or not, but you must be in the right state of mind to play if you want good long-term results.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't play if I feel like I'm in a really emotional state. Poker is a game that requires a whole lot of control to not let emotions get you to make bad decisions. I think that playing in a state where there are a lot of emotions going on might be counter productive to that goal.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is I am almost never sad. My mood is almost always stable at moderate or neutral, so I can play poker. If I were sad, I probably would not feel like playing.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if there is an opportunity to cancel the tournament, I would cancel, it's too difficult to play under such a load of emotions (((

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It would really depend on the relative. If it was someone I was really close to I dont think i would want to or could play. Others it would make me sad but I would probably be OK playing. Oddly I had a job interview the day after my grandmother died. I could not tell you how i did on the interview nor do I remember much that happened. I did get the job but this should give you some idea how it might go if you do play the day after and its someone you are really close to.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the relative was someone close to me, I think I would not play the tournament. Also all the time that I play sad or stressed, I lose.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Life goes on,,,your life.The person who passed is playing poker in the sky my friend,with the gods,,, :D

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It's difficult ... what you asked happened to me !!! I was playing 6 tables and 0.50 sit and go which was going well for me in all of them, surely I got paid ... they called me on the phone at midnight it was my brother-in-law telling me that my father died !!! and from then on I pull oll in all my hands and I don't care about winning or not ... because I had to go unfortunately it is a horrible situation and very sad the game happens to do secondary it does not matter greetings!

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very complex question, you don't have many ways or possibilities to play, if something like this happens I would prefer to quit poker for a while, because it is very painful to be in this situation.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it touched me, I would not be able to build a full-fledged game, I have a good game when I am immersed in poker with all my thoughts and with the loss of a loved one, this is impossible to do, at least for me