Play music while playing poker?

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me music is a distraction from the game of poker. Only if you have neighbors interfere with focus then you should play music to interrupt the sounds they make)

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play youtube alot, and I watch tv..Im wondering if its not messing with my game. Just this week Im tring to sit quietly and watch players. I can win MTT when I really focus. which is not often

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont think music is a performance enhancer

P

Prunisoara Cosmin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music helps a loot in poker ,for me it's like a 3 card :))

KenZZel

KenZZel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listening eminem is preety nice :D keep playing

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on type of game I listen different music. There are rock, classical music, but I get realy pleasure while playing poker for trance (for example dj Tiesto)

N

Nipech

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer classical music (especially chopin & schubert) and different sorts of jazz . Music actually helps me to concentrate more on my game.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely makes time go by, that's for sure. Depends what type of music too. Some genres may increase adrenaline while playing.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the game, I had often watched filmy.Eto usually distracting and I do not have time to follow the good players. There were even funny and silly mistakes just because of the loss of attention. Now I prefer to listen to music with the poker. And it is not distracting and a nice background for the game. I'm not a fan of any band or artist, simply love beautiful melodies. choice of music genre depends on my mood, however. What do you listen to while you play poker?

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been listening to old Iron Maiden a lot . Number off the beast to be exact.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always, playing is more comfortable. While silence I don't focus on play in poker good enough.

deaddep

deaddep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, best music for poker is easy listening... Mani Beats – N&N

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t like to watch/hear something during online poker. Can`t concentrate when I`m playing and somewhat is interrupting. But I like to read at the internet infos for something notefull at mind. Maybe I´m just not as multitasking like others.

Dimankos

Dimankos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music certainly helps to relax a bit in the game of poker. However, in the tense moments at the final table, I prefer silence.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, good music helps me to relax and don't have a tilt(that sometimes make me do bad decisions). I prefer Beatles, Queen and jazz.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont like to listen to music while playing live tournaments, but on the internet i listen eletro

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Basically, the music helps the improve the your emotions and the recognize the emotional state of others with more sensitivity. However, the music also stirs with the our instinctive fear. Is as Warren Buffett says: "If you can not control your emotions, you can can not control your money". Therefore, choice the music that more brings good feelings and believe in yourself. Think about it! ;)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like background music, but I don't play with headphones, I've seen people who play with headphones do the wrong thing because they didn't hear what was going on in the hand. Poker is hard enough without being able to hear properly :)

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps distracted some, but for me it is essential, it seems I'm much more focused, it is something strange.

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I put myself into a tournament, I will just listen to Jazz, swing, ska and easy music to listen to.
Something that makes me feel good, nothing too aggressive.
Anachronic Jazz Band, Parov Stelar, Club des Belugas, Vinyl, Caravan Palace...
I'm fond of Metal but keep it for when I train or have to do tedious things, it gives me energy.

First_Kost

First_Kost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only judge by myself ... of course it depends on the mood, but usually I do not have aggression, and when I listen to "Unheilig" then my game becomes more aggressive.
It is obvious that listening to music affects the style of play, but during The responsibility of the match, I prefer to remove the external stimuli and focus on the game.

Zelengorov

Zelengorov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play i listen to Linkin park mostly, and it helps me.