Pisces - who are they?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Everyone writes “plenty of fish” or something like that. Who exactly do you call fish? Newbie? Or maybe the one who is usually called a maniac, which deer on any pair of cards? More options?
Suppose it happened that I am playing freerolls and I am urgently called - I need to go somewhere. I know that if I pause, the blinds will eat my stack. What I do is give it to the bravest person on any card for two trades. And now whoever won them will see me again and think that I am a “fish maniac??”

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
The old saying goes - if you don't recognize who the fish is on your table, then you are the fish ;)
But in the big picture none of this matters. If someone thinks I'm a fish then so be it. All that matter are the long time results.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
fish or donk are called to a weak or an inexperienced losing player i don't really use them, if a fish player playing with me ,i will be happy to take his chips ;)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
fish is a weak player who's nice to play with and take chips away from him is not a shame. The word is just that in poker, don't pay attention to these words because we all started poker and were them, and someone stayed fine, sometimes if you're in a hurry you can play badly and that's it's okay just after you have time and you're marked with a fish you'll benefit you'll show that you're not like that and that's it the main thing is training and patience and you will be a successful player or person, you see I'm already a loyal person, this also took a lot time to become one, this is as an example, you have patience

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays poker changes every day, everyone plays the way they want and how it’s more profitable for them. The term fish is no longer relevant now:)

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone writes “plenty of fish” or something like that. Who exactly do you call fish? Newbie? Or maybe the one who is usually called a maniac, which deer on any pair of cards? More options?
Suppose it happened that I am playing freerolls and I am urgently called - I need to go somewhere. I know that if I pause, the blinds will eat my stack. What I do is give it to the bravest person on any card for two trades. And now whoever won them will see me again and think that I am a “fish maniac??”
It is unlikely that an adequate player will immediately draw such conclusions from playing in a free tournament. After all, this is a free tournament, where people usually play very dangerously and bluff a lot. But if you do this in tournaments for money on an ongoing basis, you will be marked as a maniac fish!!!)))

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What does it matter what others think. Your results will speak for you much more than your words. Do not pay attention to criticism, play as you are comfortable and as you see fit within the allowed rules.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, a fish is a person who plays either 100% of the cards or any “beautiful” ones, regardless of the position at the table and the actions of opponents (raises, 3bet, etc.)

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
For me a fish is one who have a strong hand at preflop, flop and turn, but misses when the river is coming.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think we are all guilty of being "Fish" at some point in poker games, It is a natural instinct of hoping to hit the one card that can give you the winning hand on the River. Sometimes Lady Luck or The Poker Gods will smile on you and give you the card you require, but when you break the hand down you will find you really should not have even started playing that hand, and should never have got involved, in the first place.
One fatal mistake we all make is Folding 2 apparently worthless cards and then after seeing the Flop, start to think "Would have, Could have, Should have, and Yes you possibly Would have made a Full House with any 2 random cards, You Could have won that Pot, but Should you be involved in the hand at all?
That is the big Question? Second guessing yourself after you fold is a huge mistake, So once you fold get used to forgetting those two cards and think about the next two you are going to get dealt, and 9 times out of ten, you are actually making the right decisions.