Phrase "Nice Hand"?

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just a courteous gesture, to keep the game civil. Almost like shaking hands with the dude that busted you ass out of a tournament.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think in your words there is logic !!! A good starting hand, unfortunately, does not always mean victory !!! And not every player can get the maximum benefit, even if it seemed like an ideal situation !!! Therefore, for me, drawing a starting hand with maximum profit - it really sounds much better !!!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I say nice hand I mean you played the hand well. Often I'll actually say "well played" instead. Usually it's live, because online I tend to ignore chat altogether.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your analysis, it is a bit of semantics but thought provoking none the less. Good luck.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think nice wording creates a friendly atmosphere at the table and the game is more enjoyable for everyone :)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most times "nice hand" means "what the f...ing shit did you do?"

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't care what anyone says I just don't put any weight into it, to me the most important thing is to play my game without emotional distractions ... if you get aces and they hold up great but you really had nothing to do with it just how the cards played out ... if you play ducks and get trips on the flop that's another way to play great with a disguised hand, on the other hand if you keep calling without hitting the flop with them, just hoping and praying, that's fishy without good reads to the contrary .. but when someone says it to me it generally means nothing …… I don't say it … I like the well played school of thought and if someone donked out on me you won't hear NH you may get nice catch if I want to be an ass or get under their skin ….

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Some of the best hands are those you don't see shown down.
Getting a player to fold the best hand, or gradually building a pot that gets the opponent all-in with a second best holding are what I call nice hands.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably haven't said 10 words on poker in my life. I'm just not really social to the game. But if I got a nice hand I'll show it instead of mucking.

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand, well played, too bad. And move on. These mental tricks may be difficult to master, but they are essential. Well spoken badgerer! In "The Mental Game of Poker", Jared Tendler teaches us to "inject logic" when we find ourselves this back and more". Maybe. When reviewing a hand where you got sucked out on, ask yourself, "Would I make this move again

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree people can be real jerks, when they lose. that is why online poker is so nice, at least you can mute the chat, right.
yes, i dont understand that people, whats the catch? play and fun man.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nh

O don't mind saying my if I get the chance. Maybe not so much if it's a donkey getting lucky

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice hand ?

Sometimes i say it ,hoping for more info from a player, other times its a compliment to play and content of hand

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll say it anytime I lose, out of respect for players and the game, ESPECIALLY when a fish makes a bad play, because I'd like him to continue making that bad play while I'm at the table.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this phrase is also used when there is nothing to criticize about your play.

I'm using this phrase when i'm annoying about myself don't make the right read about the opponents hands and losing. From time to time i also use this phrase sarcastically to show my oppponent about his bad play and a lucky win.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use "nice hand" when it is one with no problem..........for me it s like a Congrats

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont see the point of it think its over used.:):):)

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
communication templates and it doesn’t mean anything else

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great when the winner says it FIRST to the loser of the hand though. I've never done this, but save it as a potential tool to tilt someone.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in your words there is logic !!! A good starting hand, unfortunately, does not always mean victory !!! And not every player can get the maximum benefit, even if it seemed like an ideal situation !!! Therefore, for me, drawing a starting hand with maximum profit - it really sounds much better !!!
Many still don't know how to play NATs or AA correctly

HectorTadeu

HectorTadeu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use nice hand when i be ironic lol

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting post! Nice hand can mean sooo many different things based on the delivery of it—and even just the intonation. One of my absolute strongest pet peeves in poker is my opponent saying “nice hand” to me when we get it all in before all the cards are dealt but I’m the favorite. It feels like some sort of karma grab or something lol, and even if I’m 80% or better to win, I still don’t like to hear it (particularly in a bigger buyin live event).

However, I think it’s a genuine nice thing to say and actually like it when, say, I’ve gotten unlucky to lose a hand and someone says it to me after the fact. Context is everything I guess! :)

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positive gestures.

If you choose not to be nice. Then I believe that you're choosing to be a mean person. being nice and being mean are a choice if you choose to be nice, even if it's against your own will it's easy to say, nice hand, nice catch, good game." etc throw negative vibes in front of you 99% of the time negative vibes will reverberate back to a negative vibes. It's not hard to get carried away with a lack of ability to express one's own emotional distress through. Bite the bullet. I sometimes say to the other players. " No skills all luck." No, he,she I , them , they. None of that just .. no skills all luck. Good luck everyone. Have fun.

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
presumably because they just beat you and you don't like them so just the hand is nice... zero credit to their play...ha!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands