Phil Ivey or Gus Hansen

camtheram13

camtheram13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Between the two... Ivey.

But even though Ivey is a great player, I think he's kind of lazy. I remember watching him on TV years ago heads up and he was acting like he just wanted to go home. Also, a lot of the craps dealers I have spoken to in Vegas say he really is an a-hole.

Ivey gets a lot of credit for getting The Corporation out of the hole.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gotta say Ivey, Hansen is a great player, but I think Ivey is better

A

arrytus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil phil phil--- and i doubt it's close. gus didn't even have a bracelet until this year-- he won in the euro games....

but in a fight, i'm taking gus,, guy is ripped

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could make this arguement a few years ago when Gus was making his run in the WPT. But ever since I think Phil has proved that he has the staying power and is a much better player than gus.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you could make this arguement a few years ago when Gus was making his run in the WPT. But ever since I think Phil has proved that he has the staying power and is a much better player than gus.

Pretty sure it was always the case, it's just that the world has seen more of Ivey on TV since then.

A

ALLINON3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt that Gus is a great player and a true gambler but when you campare stats and the statements that all of the top pros such as kid poker, the poker brat and Gus himself Ivey is by far the better player.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey is the best player without a doubt :cool: - a truly universal poker player, a GENIUS ! He always thinks about the game, and doesn´t need all the "poker show business" like Hansen, Laak, Hellmuth and many more live jokers...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think Ivey is hands down the better poker player but don't forget Gus is also one of the best backgammon players in the world and he wins a lot of cash in tournaments and in private matches. I don't think his overall bankroll is hurting.

Also, I just looked and his PTR page shows him up over a million.

One more thing, read his book about his Aussie millions victory. Its a great book and really gives insight into his approach to the game. One thing I took away was his use of position. He made all of his "crazy" plays only when he had position. Also, in the back he gives a lot of mathematical analysis. He knows "correct" poker. The crazy stuff is very calculated.

This ^ was exactly what made me have even less respect for Gus' play.. he actually plays a TON of pots out of pos. & loves to donkbet.. & honestly (unless he was just leaving out a TON of the thought process (I hope?)... it was pretty lame imo). Sorry.. just my opinion (probably jaded though after reading many, many, many more HH's from players going into way more in-depth stuff compared with Gus (it's not even close)).

Do agree though about Ivey being the better player (this is a no brainer obv).

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I would be both proud and scared sh*t less, to play against both of those lads.As for me fav, Gus Hanson, he is very exciting as mentioned before, and i dont know what it is, but, I just like the guy.Phil Ivey, just way to cocky.

tami jo darling

tami jo darling

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never seen eithr play but goin with my gut on this 1...I would have to say Gus...lol Happy hump day yall

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can't really tell you who your favorite player is, lol. Ivey is EASILY the greatest however.

C

Clodgeee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Gus more entertaining, but i would have to say Ivey is the better player