Phil Ivey the best poker player alive?

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 final tables in that period of time is a crazy good run. I've always been a big fan of Ivey...

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best player (this year) will be decided soon. Ivey is still in the Players Championship at WSOP2012, but the field is a monster. Victor Blom has been outplaying just about everyone all year and should definitely get the rookie of the year.

F

fkucdaw0rld

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're looking at NLHE tournament play only then hellmuth is clearly the best...but as far as all around poker players go Ivey's def top 3 at worst, if not number 1...its crazy how he's made all these FTs but hasnt won one this year yet but theres still time...he's obviously on a tear this year tho, seemingly unstoppable...its really impressive to say the least

P

papatango123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ivey is easy #1 allround player in the world right now even phil galfond says so thers lots of great players like himself,antonious, dwan mercier etc but there is a clear number1 and thats ivey

PedroMXDF

PedroMXDF

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider it a very in live poker tables.

But in the online poker depend on many things to be a winner

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All around play, Phil Ivey is probably the best or right up there. Big money play has to count for something as well and non holdem games should be considered.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Ivey was my favourite, till the FTP fiasco.He is one of the guilty ones.As players I prefer durrr and The Magician.Daniel yaps too much and PH blows a gasket too often, although his bracelets speak for themselves.

oacnaf

oacnaf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of you, Phil Ivy is one hell of a poker player.. Any discussion on the 'Worlds Best' will bring his name up, guaranteed.. On the other hand, he should lay off dice at the wynn :p

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone who is watching the one drop now, will understand why Phil Ivey is the best player in the world

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha exactly, ridic value

P

Paulie8s

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're looking at NLHE tournament play only then hellmuth is clearly the best...but as far as all around poker players go Ivey's def top 3 at worst, if not number 1...its crazy how he's made all these FTs but hasnt won one this year yet but theres still time...he's obviously on a tear this year tho, seemingly unstoppable...its really impressive to say the least

I shared something in my post that you might want to consider. Hellmuth Beat Ivey Heads up at the Final table in the event for a Bracelet in RAZZ. I agree NLHE Tournament Hellmuth will always be the one you have to beat. All around I think there are some better players than Ivey for 'ALL Time' currently I'd back Daniel against Ivey all day and a couple of others because they have out played Ivey. He is good and I respect the hell outta the guy but I don't think He is The Best ever, not yet at least.

:marchmell:marchmell:marchmell:marchmell:marchmell

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jerry yang is the greatest of all time

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I consider it a very in live poker tables.

But in the online poker depend on many things to be a winner
For my 10,000th post..... GIVE THIS ^ GUY THE FREAK'n PASSWORD (imo)

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1531n44.jpg

pretty much this^^^^

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone other than Ivey is criminal

plz check your head if you say "negreanu, dwan, PA" since all of these players have admitted at various times that Ivey is the best

and now I also remember why I don't venture into threads like this

A

atomly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stu Ungar, no question! He won 3 wsop main events. He won 10 of the 30 major tournaments he entered and did well in the rest of them. Despite his myriad other problems, dude was sick at poker!

C

crocops

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best live player probably...not online necessary

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not my favorite but I sure do like the way he handles himself. Win or lose and he always has the same expression. I remember the bad beat moneymaker gave him the year he won the wsop. Took it on the chin like a champ. I dont have that kind of self control. Im excited with a big win and a bad beat makes my wife lock me in my room, lol.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu Ungar, no question! He won 3 WSOP main events. He won 10 of the 30 major tournaments he entered and did well in the rest of them. Despite his myriad other problems, dude was sick at poker!

:confused:

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu Ungar, no question! He won 3 WSOP main events. He won 10 of the 30 major tournaments he entered and did well in the rest of them. Despite his myriad other problems, dude was sick at poker!

That's my choice. Besides the fact that he changed poker right to it's core.

Yep... Stu Ungar would have Ivey sweating.

-

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
plz re-read title

"best poker player alive".....

Organize a Home Poker Game