Phil Hellmuth Censored by ESPN?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth needs to be punished with weapons. He honestly tilts my soul.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I noticed that.

Honestly don't think it's a consipracy though. They show Tiffany Michelle and Thomas Keller both wearing UB patches in the same episode (about 28 minutes in, if you want to see the two back to back).

Only thing I can think of is Phil was dumb enough to wear a .com jersey rather than a .net one, which they'll make him cover over for legal reasons.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only thing I can think of is Phil was dumb enough to wear a .com jersey rather than a .net one, which they'll make him cover over for legal reasons.

I'm not positive, but I don't think those jerseys have either, just a big "UB" in the center of the chip. I heard (just rumors) that they had him cover it because the logo was too big. And I call BS on that as he's worn that same jersey before, and it's not like he doesnt already get preferential treatment if that even was the case.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard (just rumors) that they had him cover it because the logo was too big.

Ah - makes sense, actually.

From the WSOP rules:

43. Tournament participants may wear apparel with multiple logos, patches or promotional language. However, no individual logo, patch or block of promotional language is to be larger than 12 square inches...

That's probably about the size of the logo on Hellmuth's chest.

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. I noticed that and could not even think of a reason they made him cover only the large logo. Thanks for the info, makes sense now. :rolleyes:

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah. Doesn't make sense. During the opening where they recap his previous antics from the day before, they show his chest logo many times on what appears to be the same jersey.

I've replayed the part you guys mention and it just looks like shadows and bad quality video to me.

Attachments

• hellYT.JPG
    hellYT.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 9
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah. Doesn't make sense. During the opening where they recap his previous antics from the day before, they show his chest logo many times on what appears to be the same jersey.

I've replayed the part you guys mention and it just looks like shadows and bad quality video to me.

No, it's definitely covered over with tape or something. You can see it in the bit where he goes over to "apologise" to Dragomir for the incident the day before - that part of his jersy lights differently to the rest.

Chances are they just ignored it for the previous five days because "It's Phil". Good odds it wasn't until either Tilt or Stars complained that their logos weren't allowed to be that big that something happened :p

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it wasn't the Ultimatebet logo. Maybe it was a new logo that read "Dragomir is an idiot, and the worst player in history."

I like conspiracy theories...

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't belive Dragomir didn't punch him in the face, what a tard.

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't understand hellmuth, i personally think the administration should kick him off the tournament for insulting other players, how he plays poker so much time and can't learn to control his temper and manners.

TRB1965

TRB1965

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't understand hellmuth, i personally think the administration should kick him off the tournament for insulting other players, how he plays poker so much time and can't learn to control his temper and manners.

And his wife is a psychologist. You would thin he could get some free anger management lessons! :D

But just how much fun would a "kinder, gentler" Phil Hellmuth be? :confused:

Hesaf

Hesaf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys he might have a big mouth and maybe might mis-behave but he still has 11 bracelets and that means he knows how to write 'POKER':D

MikeGamble

MikeGamble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth ,11 Time Bracelet Winner lives in his one WORLD now.
He have left the Real World long Time ago.:shot:

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil may "tilt" often but half the time it's an act. He learned a long time ago that "poker brat" equals $$$, he's stated this. He probably gets pointers from his wife on how best to insult/intimidate players for maximum "value".

N

nateogreato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have one thing to say about ESPN and censorship. Thoughs Ratt Bastards!!

vixenx78

vixenx78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
awwwww
ive always loved Phils action on the table, its fun to watch he is such a live wire you dont know what to expect.
Every poker player is different but i must admit i love it when phil is at the table~

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit it would not be the same to watch poker without helmuth comments and acting, its fun to watch him in play, and he is for sure knows how to play good poker.
But if you play with someone live in such a big event he should not insult others, its just wrong. I think some people can be frightened of this persona and it can affect their game, and I am pretty sure insulting others and panic after losing a hand is not part of poker, its just a part of idiot Hellmuth.