Phil Hellmuth: A degenerate gambler

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never liked Phil Hellmuth. This is a degenerate.
Hellmuth has never been lacking in self confidence, calling himself "the best player in the no limit hold'em of all time." In this, of course, he is subjective, but with such an impressive list of titles won, Phil, at least, has the right to make such a statement.

Life is a game , play beautiful

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth triggers and those that trigger get attention.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care how many bracelets this guy has or what he has made financially over the course of his career. Phil Hellmuth is perhaps the most vulgar, unruly, whiny, annoying, arrogant, hypocritical and delusional poker professional in the history of the game. He always seems to be exempt from penalties when playing in the WSOP or other major events since his sponsors and tournament officials seem to always have some incentive in his outcome. This jerk is always berating other players with profanity and criticisms of how they play. He has truly convinced himself that he is God's gift to the poker community, and that he is incapable of any errors, bad plays, and everyone else is an "idiot" or "jackass" that has to willfully be subjected to his abuses every time he loses a hand in the game.

I am so sick of seeing this jackal being given special treatment and exemptions while everyone else has to follow the rules of the game. He has spent over a decade hedging his entry into big tournaments by means of his corporate sponsors and affluent backers. He reaped huge financial benefits while involved with multiple on-line poker platforms that all came crashing down because of scandals. There is nothing that will ever convince me that he was unaware of what his friends and partners were doing during the height of various scandal which he profited from while others lost their money. Hellmuth strikes me as a snake oil salesman who has hidden well behind his sponsors and benefactors. This man may be one of the best poker tournament players in the world, but all in all strikes me as a real shitty and shady human being with a compulsive gambling habit who has no business representing the poker playing community as a whole.
It surprises me that you do not understand what these televised events are, the shows, montages and performances. This is what is sold and seen the most, it is a great business, it is only acting, there are the heroes and the villains. The show revolves around them.:cool:

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who are you to call any pro player like that ? And than about one of the successful player ever. If you don't like him okay , fair eboufh, but why you call him degenerated ?

Should get banned for things like this

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They don't call him "poker brat" for nothing after all. He just plays role on the tables protecting his image which works well for him. After all you do not win 15 bracelets if you are not good player.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What's the unsugar-coated version? :laugh:

Phil's a legend! :)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He's a top of the list poker player, like it or not. He's tons of titles speaks for him. He has a chapter at one Doyle Brunson's book that is very good. He's book is good as well. His lessons really helped me to get my game better.

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yowzers... Heres one of the reasons Phil has won so much money. People hate him and go at him hard at the tables. He gets action every good hand he gets. QUOTE=Maybachs600;5529853]I don't care how many bracelets this guy has or what he has made financially over the course of his career. Phil Hellmuth is perhaps the most vulgar, unruly, whiny, annoying, arrogant, hypocritical and delusional poker professional in the history of the game. He always seems to be exempt from penalties when playing in the wsop or other major events since his sponsors and tournament officials seem to always have some incentive in his outcome. This jerk is always berating other players with profanity and criticisms of how they play. He has truly convinced himself that he is God's gift to the poker community, and that he is incapable of any errors, bad plays, and everyone else is an "idiot" or "jackass" that has to willfully be subjected to his abuses every time he loses a hand in the game.

I am so sick of seeing this jackal being given special treatment and exemptions while everyone else has to follow the rules of the game. He has spent over a decade hedging his entry into big tournaments by means of his corporate sponsors and affluent backers. He reaped huge financial benefits while involved with multiple on-line poker platforms that all came crashing down because of scandals. There is nothing that will ever convince me that he was unaware of what his friends and partners were doing during the height of various scandal which he profited from while others lost their money. Hellmuth strikes me as a snake oil salesman who has hidden well behind his sponsors and benefactors. This man may be one of the best poker tournament players in the world, but all in all strikes me as a real shitty and shady human being with a compulsive gambling habit who has no business representing the poker playing community as a whole.[/QUOTE]

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it is not worth insulting a person, no matter what kind of player he is, it is his right to play as he plays.

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say he's a bit of a cringe fest, but not a degenerate.

My favorite quote in poker is about him.

Tony G - Bring the trike. He can't drive a bike.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this is gonna be an interesting topic lol

As a person I think his TV persona (I say this as I don't know the guy in real life) is terrible he whines and tilts too much for my liking

But to knock his poker well that's something quite different

Poker is a game/sport whichever your interpretation which is judged on winning either cash or prizes

When it comes down to "put your cash winnings and bracelets on the table" how many people winning that against Phil??

Just my opinion obviously

Good luck out there

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know right!!!
i love it!!
now thats good tv
e99e1b197b6863bd72e4fda471e2361c.png

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care how many bracelets this guy has or what he has made financially over the course of his career. Phil Hellmuth is perhaps the most vulgar, unruly, whiny, annoying, arrogant, hypocritical and delusional poker professional in the history of the game. He always seems to be exempt from penalties when playing in the WSOP or other major events since his sponsors and tournament officials seem to always have some incentive in his outcome. This jerk is always berating other players with profanity and criticisms of how they play. He has truly convinced himself that he is God's gift to the poker community, and that he is incapable of any errors, bad plays, and everyone else is an "idiot" or "jackass" that has to willfully be subjected to his abuses every time he loses a hand in the game.

I am so sick of seeing this jackal being given special treatment and exemptions while everyone else has to follow the rules of the game. He has spent over a decade hedging his entry into big tournaments by means of his corporate sponsors and affluent backers. He reaped huge financial benefits while involved with multiple on-line poker platforms that all came crashing down because of scandals. There is nothing that will ever convince me that he was unaware of what his friends and partners were doing during the height of various scandal which he profited from while others lost their money. Hellmuth strikes me as a snake oil salesman who has hidden well behind his sponsors and benefactors. This man may be one of the best poker tournament players in the world, but all in all strikes me as a real shitty and shady human being with a compulsive gambling habit who has no business representing the poker playing community as a whole.

If those at the table react like you have, think his tactics work. Pretty stern words but "degenerate gambler", is not a true representation of his short comings.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One time I was watching some comedy show, I dont remember its name, when the comedian said, do you really believe Jeff Besoz is the richest man in the world? The real Trillionaires dont bother show you how much wealth they ve got, undeclared fortunes and what not. Same line of logic might apply to Poker players, the guys we see in youtube videos, like Ivy, Hellmuth, Polk, Boere, Negraneau etc are the ones we watching, I must admit to the fact that the others that are playing at backrooms without needing sponsors or fame are the ones that worry me.
Btw, the bitterness you showed in your post suggests you lost big time to the brat. If that so, tell us the story without going around the subject.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

the truth is his personality ... and that sells in advertising! I am amused, I would take it with humor !! It is not a big deal !! regards

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First, you are right in what you think. If Mr. Helmuth could simply settle down, be happy and play calmly, it would be a very different story.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

He is a bad boy but gets called by hands that dont have as much outs and loses.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaahhhhhh Chuck Norris

It's been a good while since I have seen a new Chuck Norris meme I hadn't seen before! Lol! I bet Chuck smoked Phil Helmuth during that tournament with his Pokémon cards!:p

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where there is controversy in the poker world, there is likely to be Phil Hellmuth as well. The “Poker Brat” returned to shake the social networks, but this time not by an explosion at the tables, but by a photo taken outside of them. After Chris Ferguson's victory in WSOP Europe Event #7, Hellmuth posted a photo with the player on his Twitter, with the caption: “Welcome back to the circle of WSOP champions Chris Ferguson” plus his famous hashtag “Positivity”.The tribute didn't catch on well in the poker community. That's because Ferguson was marked by being one of the full tilt poker partners during Black Friday, never coming to admit guilt in the scandal or even apologize to the affected players.“Is Ferguson bringing you positivity? Or are you bringing it to him? I'm confused…" Negreanu also commented on the photo, comparing Ferguson to other pivots in recent scandals.“Couldn't find time for a selfie with Harvey Wenstein, Chris Brown or Bernie Madoff? [Ferguson] is next on the list, I think.” After receiving dozens of responses, Hellmuth defended himself."I'm a forgiving person, in my book 'Poor Brat' I talk about how I believe Chris Ferguson is innocent."

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where there is controversy in the poker world, there is likely to be Phil Hellmuth as well. The “Poker Brat” returned to shake the social networks, but this time not by an explosion at the tables, but by a photo taken outside of them. After Chris Ferguson's victory in WSOP Europe Event #7, Hellmuth posted a photo with the player on his Twitter, with the caption: “Welcome back to the circle of WSOP champions Chris Ferguson” plus his famous hashtag “Positivity”.The tribute didn't catch on well in the poker community. That's because Ferguson was marked by being one of the Full Tilt Poker partners during Black Friday, never coming to admit guilt in the scandal or even apologize to the affected players.“Is Ferguson bringing you positivity? Or are you bringing it to him? I'm confused…" Negreanu also commented on the photo, comparing Ferguson to other pivots in recent scandals.“Couldn't find time for a selfie with Harvey Wenstein, Chris Brown or Bernie Madoff? [Ferguson] is next on the list, I think.” After receiving dozens of responses, Hellmuth defended himself."I'm a forgiving person, in my book 'Poor Brat' I talk about how I believe Chris Ferguson is innocent."

yeah.....
what we have to remember is Phill hellmuth daniel negreanu and chris ferguson all used to be good friends

people will always hold grudges and have to put out there 2 cents

phill congratulated ferguson for his win
and d neg decided to put in his 2 cents from a past issue years past
go america right?>

people will always put faith in their friends and want to believe them as phill did
sometimes we gotta forgive or become tolerant
no whining plz

great post you wrote!

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean this with the upmost respect and sensitivity but I do not think Phil is all there mentally (you might say he's not playing with a full deck), I have dealt with people daily who range on all types of spectrums and I truly believe Phil is on the spectrum in some aspects, His Instagram posts are not those of an adult male of normal social awareness and the way he talks to people from all backgrounds is appalling.

It is because of these reason I just let him go and do not let him get under my skin with his comments or actions much how you move out of the way if someone in a wheelchair is heading for the same door you are.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On TV being a ridiculously big asshole is so much better than being boring. In fact, anything is. The way he handles himself has clearly worked out massively for him, just search up Phil Hellmuth compilation on youtube and you'll see thousands of videos giving him free publicity.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling