DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you're playing poker, and someone beats you then turns over their cards to show you the bluff to upset you and put psychological pressure.
What do you think about this behavior??
Do you show bluffs all the time or sometimes??
For me i show bluffs from time to time. i think its an image thing to get better action in the future, if the opponent gets upset as well i consider it a bonus since upset people tend to make worse decisions.
The only time you should show yourself is when you're playing. Otherwise, you should never reveal your cards.

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's just not worth a finger on the look and kick the ass

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe we should give the minimum amount of information to our opponents

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Showing a bluff is often a sign of one's weakness, but it can also be a tactical move to lure the player into a utopian hand.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on how long the game is - if it's a long tournament I would want to not give anything away and keep everyone guessing. You might put that one player on tilt but everyone else on the table saw what you did and will build a picture over time.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its pretty cool when you show a bluff, it simply adds some spice to the game. For me its not that frustrating, I mean its all a part of the game so theres no need to get mad. Okay after 3-4 times it gets a bit infuriating.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on thier attitude when they do it, if they re laughing at me or another player I think its bad form. But I sometimes show bluff to get more action later. It works.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The fact that the rival shows you the cards when he lies to you doesn't feel like it's an offense. It's part of the game, everyone plays the way they want

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As tempting as it is to show a bluff, I do not like to do it. Unless it is someone you know who will go on extreme tilt and blow all their chips. But showing a bluff is giving away free information which is never a good idea.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
showing a bluff is useful when you're playing against players that get easily irritated, yet showing several times will only give opponents more information on your strategy

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I seldom show any cards. The less information your opponents have on you the better.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never show my cards. It works better for me this way.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my headlights, I don't like giving any kind of knowledge about myself to the rivals I faced at the tables. So if you show me your bluff, that's something I'm going to use to my advantage.

G

godollar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
Dont be too concerned, maybe no life outside the "sport"

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
poker is skill, knowledge and also a physiological game.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care if someone show me a bluff and I don't show my cards anymore no more free Information.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Regarding showing bluffs or always mucking every hand, I think the right thing to do is always muck, I never see professionals show any hand in tournaments.

But as I'm not a professional, I sometimes show my hands, but I never show my bluffs, only when I have value.

And I don't mind when they show me a bluff, I just analyze whether the hand was played well or badly and make a note, which can help me in the future.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Revealing bluffs is a strategic choice in poker. While some argue for maintaining a mysterious image, selectively showing bluffs can be a tool for image manipulation. It can induce doubt in opponents' minds, making them question your plays. However, overdoing it may lead to predictability. Timing and opponent awareness are key—strategically showing bluffs can tilt the psychological balance in your favor, but a thoughtful approach is necessary to avoid diminishing its effectiveness over time. It's a delicate dance, requiring a keen understanding of the dynamics at the table.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never show my cards or look at what my opponents show. I don't want to give additional information about my game. And the opponent’s cards, which were specifically shown to me, will not give me reliable information about the opponent’s game.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It's fine to open a poker bluff if it's valuable, but you shouldn't open a bluff at a worthless moment

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I never show my cards, and whether I bluff or not, I assume that for someone to see my cards, they have to pay for it; after all, that's what poker is about. I want and try to play in a way that makes it difficult to infer what cards I have. I always play "the same way," whether I raise for value or for a bluff. And as for whether someone bluffed me and showed their cards, I don't pay attention to it because I KNOW that I played correctly by folding my hand, as that decision was correct in the long run.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the one who shows a bet, in my opinion, often just played too recklessly for themselves and are very happy that their bluff was a success, I don’t think it’s worth catching bluffs from him now, just watch such a player and already draw conclusions from the larger number of hands he played!

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am happy because 99% of the players showing bluffs do that without knowing that they will use the same line again and again. Easy profit.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I think moves that are not against the rules and that can give the best players an advantage over their opponents are valid.
Bluffing is part of the game and it shows the cards too, I don't see any problem with that.
Poker is a people's game, a good player must have a psychological balance, having technical and mathematical knowledge, make the correct moves and in the long run you will be profitable.