yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
When you're playing poker, and someone beats you then turns over their cards to show you the bluff to upset you and put psychological pressure.
What do you think about this behavior??
Do you show bluffs all the time or sometimes??
For me i show bluffs from time to time. i think its an image thing to get better action in the future, if the opponent gets upset as well i consider it a bonus since upset people tend to make worse decisions.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"I have dealt with this before. I know how to lose gracefully - if my opponent outplays me and shows that it was a bluff, sometimes (in the heat of the moment) I might say a strong word, but then I always say, 'You're good if you pulled that off!' There have been times when I have a small pair or two pairs and my opponent raises, thinking they have a straight or flush draw, and I (closing my eyes 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤒🤒) say, 'I don't believe you' and call, only to find out it was a bluff when the cards are revealed...the emotions are just overwhelming 😜😜😜😜😜😁😁😁✌️🤗🤗. Yes, it can add to one's image as a player who knows how to bluff, and it definitely throws some people off balance - I think that's normal. Although, if I do bluff and it works, I don't always show my cards - let there be some intrigue!!!!! 😜😜😜🤗🤯🤯 Good luck to everyone at the tables!!"

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Sometimes I also bluff when I feel that the opponent does not have a good card, but I do not show it.Although it can be unsettling for the parties to come if I show it and then call or give it.He thinks that I am definitely not bluffing now.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Probably for their own ego. So proud of themselves for pushing the other person off, with nothing.
Maybe for more chance to drag someone in the next time they hit good cards.
Many reasons for many things.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Truly showing a bluff is not interesting.
The important thing is to call a bluff.
What's more, if you are a regular player you must bluff.
And at least in cash, it is very important that you bluff sometimes and that the other opponent sees your cards.
Because if you are a regular player, your bluffs will take up at least 25% of your hands and the other 75% are firm hands.
When I started playing cash at low levels, I labeled those who bluffed me as liars.
After many tags I had to change them for regular ones who make a bluff from time to time and I make a note of it to the player.
Making a bluff and showing it does not make you a good player, but playing a hand and catching a bluff does make you a fearsome player.
For me, showing a bluff is a sign of weakness, that is, the player wants to put pressure on you and show strength, when in truth he is weak because anxiety moves him to a range in which he cannot bear to pass the tournament without having some decent hand, then they bluff too much and usually those players finish very quickly in the tournament.
Greetings:):):)

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
In our home games we all do this for fun and everyone laughs, it’s a good time! In Vegas however, that’s the last place I want to show a big bluff, or any bluff, or any cards for that matter. There is no way I will give you any information lol. I do see this in poker rooms, and when it happens to me I just laugh because I generally do find it funny and I know you are trying to tilt me.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion, when the my Poker opponents are showing Me their bluffs: this is a good for Me, because this is additional
useful information for the Future about these players!.. Therefore thank them very much for this!

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
There are certain players who when shown a bluff are called

robbieb

robbieb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I can be thought of as bad mannerism but it’s also a gift and not necessarily smart. Once you see he bluffed and just how bad the bluff. Like say he/her has and 87 and and Q,Q,10,5, came up. You now have a good read on the type of player he is. But also be carful with that. See if he bluffs anyone else. Get a hand and beat him knowing his/her aggression.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I can be thought of as bad mannerism but it’s also a gift and not necessarily smart. Once you see he bluffed and just how bad the bluff. Like say he/her has and 87 and and Q,Q,10,5, came up. You now have a good read on the type of player he is. But also be carful with that. See if he bluffs anyone else. Get a hand and beat him knowing his/her aggression.
I totally agree with you

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not everytime it is to upset the opponent, sometimes it is a strategy to make the villain pay for our nice made hands thinking we are bluffing again.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like to show it, so as not to give information to the villain, but when the villain shows it I don't mind and I even think it's good, to get some information from the villain!

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I feel like it is giving free information when playing people I don't know. Playing with friends I will show a bluff but they do to for a bit of rivalry.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do show some times, but it is a bit random when I do and when I don't. Make sure they can't predict everything I do

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I show sometimes it can make people angry. But you are also giving information to all the players in the table, so maybe once in a while but dont overdoit.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, I wouldn't show it like I don't

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Rather I follow old rule: "Never show your cards".

If you play with ppl so curious to see the showdown, no worries, they call you anyway :)

For rest, it's better to keep tough image.

If I see someone showing cards after non-showdown hand, for me it's information about opponent's ego.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It does not bother me when a player shows the bluff. They are just giving me free information and that's good for me.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea, as there are more players and this could cost more later on with other players.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I even usually show some bluffs, as long as they make sense...
I also try to pay attention to whether or not the villain's bluff makes sense.
There is no reason to get upset when we are bluffed as it is part of the essence of the game.

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These people are the ones who later hand out the chips themselves, label him as a whale and wait patiently for your chance and for all.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's an action to show hands after a poker move! It's passing valuable information to your opponent.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my uncalled hands , whether they are weak or strong . I do admit being run off a good hand by a bluffer is annoying. It stings for a while , but you have learned something about that opponent that may aid you in the future.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It never upsets me if the opponent shows his cards, if the opponent shows me that he was bluffing. For me, my opponent's cards are always very valuable information, and I am grateful if they are shown to me. In this case, I usually immediately make a note to myself :)