Over played

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else ever get to the point where they feel like they’ve over pokered.
Sometimes I feel like I’m confusing myself after playing too much and need to just take a break

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Sometimes I feel like I am overanalizing a nother players game when actually its fairly straight forward. I start liiking for too many nuances. This might be whaen I Have been at the table to long.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As someone with mental issues because of damage to my brain I understand this. I have stopped playing poker when I realize I am unable to play my A game. This happens at times that my brain is acting erratic. So, yes, you do need breaks. Being tired, bored, or easily emotional will cause mistakes. So, plan for time away from the table.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing can be done with quality when we are tired, but if we are at a final table, we can rest at another time

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes a break is the best thing we can do. In fact, a break helps us regain strength and get rid of negative emotions. In addition, very often the break saves our money and our nerves.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I get tired of poker when I lose a few days and take a break to rest my head.:)

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, it is necessary to take a break when our brain and body are tired because if we play fatigued we cannot analyze well the hands we play and we can make mistakes. To avoid this we have to have a clear schedule of our game that depends a lot on your game mode whether it is cash, sit & go or tournaments.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though we love something very much, we can get tired of it. It used to be the same with poker. A break is necessary.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you were a better player this wouldn't happen!
(This is a joke btw, I know Rabberto71, at least I hope it's you from 2 doors down)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overanalyzing is a real problem for me too. Poker is very complex, and I find myself getting "wrapped around the axle" at times, and I get very frustrated. When I do, I go back to the fundamentals and simplify the game and I do a lot better.

I think a contributor to this is all the specific poker hand reviews and spots that get discussed by poker pros and coaches. I have won a hand with 72off in the BB before, but this happens 1 in maybe 10,000 hands. I could write an article about how I played it perfectly and call it "how to win hands with complete trash". But in the end, the hand played itself and I may never win with 72off again. This to me is just an example of overanalyzing poker. Sometimes it just is what it is.

Fundamentals are key. Enjoying the game is the second key.

Good Luck and God Bless

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing too much

Does anyone else ever get to the point where they feel like they’ve over pokered.
Sometimes I feel like I’m confusing myself after playing too much and need to just take a break
The day I play so much that when I go to sleep I end up selling tables and cards when I close my eyes.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I recommend taking breaks when you are tired or bored. It is a common cause of errors and loss of cash. Poker is a game that needs concentration and thinking. If you are unable to do this, I recommend taking a break.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As someone with mental issues because of damage to my brain I understand this. I have stopped playing poker when I realize I am unable to play my A game. This happens at times that my brain is acting erratic. So, yes, you do need breaks. Being tired, bored, or easily emotional will cause mistakes. So, plan for time away from the table.
Hello CSLysander, I am really moved by what you said about your having mental problems...I really feel for you and I sincerely hope your situation improves. All the best, David

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I know a good thing from my grandfather: when something fails you don't give up on it, but if you fail because you don't focus enough to succeed, take that welcome break and try to rest, and you will succeed.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything looks the opposite to me. For the most part, I do not have enough time to play as much as I want. And it is sad. I play poker no more than 3-4 days a week.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do need to take a break especially after a long stint in a tournament. Like me last night pocket 10s flop board was A 10 Q 3 Q 3 hands beat me A 10 A Q and A3 I shoved all in after the board was out when I should have checked villain had A Q and took my money. But before that I made too many mistakes losing what I had just won. So when you play a tournament when you finish turn it off have a break.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

So far I do not get tired of this and I doubt that I will do it soon, at times if I tick and change my way of playing and lose, but I already said that I will not do it :D

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

According to the advice of a professional in Poker, he says that if you want to become professional in this, you have to play many hours a day, although sometimes you feel bored or tired and I go that way.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is such a thing. If I am unlucky at the beginning, then I am unlucky all day at all the tables. I have to take a break.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Rabberto,
When you get all poker-ed out, I suggest you contact your mate (ObbleeXY) and go round his to play some crib, a boardgame, or enjoy the "fresh" air.

Alternatively, thinking of a round of golf this weekend if you fancy it.
Early(ish) Sunday ? (Whatsapp me ...don't reply here!)

Cheers!
ObbleeXY

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rest always has a positive effect on my game and my results. Even after a short break, I feel that I play better, more focused and patient.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This moment overtakes us sooner or later. And this is not the first time this has happened to me. At the moment I have this game crisis again. Before, I just stopped playing for a while. Now I just play less.
For me, this comes from the uselessness of my entire game and I have no consistency in income from playing at micro-stakes. Banal fatigue from fighting against RNG pokerstars at micro stakes.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes seems like what was working before is not cutting it now

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Lately I keep feeling like this, I change my way of playing a lot and I start losing.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rest always has a positive effect on my game and my results. Even after a short break, I feel that I play better, more focused and patient.

Similar story! This is especially important after offensive bubble crashes or similar sad situations.