Over played

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to me when I play after a hard day at work.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can definitely happen if you dont have your fundamental base of the game - it happens to everyone in some way at some point - a routine for your sessions is usually the best way to handle this situation.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes feel this way if I've been playing for hours without any results. You just need to take a break and you'll be fine.

AlexsandrM36

AlexsandrM36

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all !
I play a lot of Omaha at poker stars. I can spend the whole day, but I get tired only from losses :D .
Most sites are designed in such a way that no matter how well you play, the result will be negative in the long run.
Perhaps the best solution in this situation is to play only freeroll tournaments.
Good luck to all !

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It happens sometimes in the evening if i play continuously in more Freeroll tournaments at the same time
I know i should play less, and only one at a time, to be concentrated. I'll try to keep this from now on

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it takes a break from the game. In most cases, the feeling that you overplayed and tired of the game comes when there is a long series of failures. When you win and when you do not think about fatigue, the adrenaline rush compensates for everything.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overplayed serious poker..

One type of break is playing lower level free rolls, outside your normal LAG or TAG games, for something new, and more importantly, relaxing, stress lowering.
Took my own advice, joined a free roll, got AA, shoved, opponent made a good hand and won. Since it was a free roll, at the beginning, I just laughed, shrugged it off, a case of busted aces as entertainment, instead of heartbreak.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know all too well this feeling you talk about. It happens to me after hours and hours of up and downs.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I felt that on Friday, took a break of poker for 3 days now I'm back with a fresh mind, poker is about having fun with responsibility, when you lose either is time to stop and think what you are doing... Hope you do the same in situations like this...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Times where I'm less enthused about playing. Not sure if that is what you are describing. When seems to be more of a chore than a hobby, sign you need a break.

A

AKUMA689

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it happened to me, too much poker, too much gambling, I played anything from micros to lows, mediums, whatever I could
I just took a 3-year break and I'm taking it back little by little and the game is more enjoyable but still titillating sometimes :)
I think the break is part of the process for everything

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've felt it too. Then I started to better filter the tournaments I was willing to play. I started in a very crazy way playing 3~4 tournaments a day because they are freerolls. Then, what happened is that I wasted too much energy playing tournaments where I won pennies and when the tournaments that were really worth it arrived (many of them with paid buy-in) I was too exhausted and couldn't play well.