Can other forms of poker improve my NLHE?

A

Alfoldem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is probably a question for those of you who are fairly familiar with most of or all of the other forms of poker i.e. Omaha, HORSE and what not.
I have absolutely no idea of the rules of these other forms and have been interested in branching out a little lately.
I would however like to experiment with another form of poker that in some way helps my NLHE - whether that be through logic, odds or basic theory.
Anyone got any suggestions on this before i start randomly trying different games?

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is basically known that playing any mix games will some how help out your NLHE game. Whether it is learning more about odds, tells, patterns, etc. There is always something to learn in any game and can always be used towards another form of poker.

I play mainly NLHE, and love it, but I also play a little PL Omaha (Not H/L though, I think that could mess your game up a little) and 7 Card Stud. I enjoy both a lot, and if I don't gain any knowledge from playing them towards my NLHE game, it is good to take a break and I get excited to go back and play NLHE.

If you have any questions of the rules, I would be happy to explain.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they can, they take your mind off of Hold 'Em and give you a variety of different games to play. I really enjoy playing HORSE Events, I didn't used to because I hated Razz, but now that I've actually played it and understand it fully I like it.
The only thing I don't like about other games such as Omaha or 7 Card Stud is the High/Low. I don't know why, but I just like playing the High and not the mixture.