Omaha Is better than Holdem!

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way better !! More holdem player should start playing today !!

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game of choice

NL Hold'em is my preferred game. I'll play some Omaha hi/lo just to break it up a little but I play only NL and at a six-player table

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which game do you like better?
I love Omaha 4 cards are better than 2!

I haven't tried Omaha yet. But I have to believe that in terms of the probability of winning they are equal because the chances are the same for everyone at the table.
However, I still want to play Omaha to see how it goes.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
holden but for now I am learning the other modalities to improve my game since for each modality it is a different strategy and to polish your own game it is good to combine those strategies for better results or that confirm in freeroll that I play reaching final tables

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Definetly hold em. i really view omaha as a lottery. Especially when big bankrolls are involved. The player with money gets you all in till he wipes you out.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Omaha to be much more entertaining than Hold'em because of all of the different card combinations and the possibility of building up your bankroll very quickly from a limited amount of investment.

J

JuleMasterJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like each equally for different reasons

I don't mean to come off as indecisive. However, I do like various tournament formats (i.e. 6-Max and Heads-Up) of No-Limit Texas Hold'em, as well as PLO and Omaha Hi/Lo, with a greater affinity for PLO.

On the basis of having to like a variant of poker better, I like Omaha. This is because of what other people said: 4 cards to start instead of 2. However, this means that even with speculative 4-card holdings, pre-flop equities tend to hover in the 40% range in the very least, it seems, while your stronger hands tend to hover only around the low 60% range pre-flop. This basically means anything can happen with your hand on any street because of the combos of your hand range, which makes it super exciting. This variability, though it increases the variance of each hand, is why I love studying and playing PLO far more than basic white chicks love sipping Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the fall. That's just to give you an idea.

Whereas lots of hands like AA and KK hold up between 75-80% of the time in Texas Hold'em, PLO hands containing AA and KK can often lose depending on board textures, especially against well connected hands, even as low as J-T-9-8 single or double-suited, for example. Therefore, I like going into PLO with the mindset that my starting hand is a raw ingredient to be used to make the best recipe of a hand for the most +EV result.

While I love NLHE in many formats for different reasons, the simplicity of it bores the hell out of me, especially since it seems like everyone who plays on any level from amateur to fully-fledged pro plays just no-limit.

J

JuleMasterJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion omaha is a two-edged weapon, meaning you can immediately make a strong hand but at the same time your opponents can have much stronger hands that you don't expect. I prefer hold'em.

Like, for example, when your AAxx hand on a flop of Ad-As-7s gets beat by a 9s-8s-x-x once the 6 and 5 of spades come on the turn and river to make the villain's straight flush. My life in PLO SnG's.

J

JuleMasterJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love PLO tournaments. Almost always I get money, a lot of fishes who are trying to use their Holdem strategy and go all-in pre-flop. Omaha is a flop game. But cash games are not stable for me yet. High variance is a big issue for me

You are my spirit animal. This post is my life.

J

JuleMasterJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Omaha cause it,s more complecated game and there are less bad beats if you play correctly.

Define correct play? Because I can say I got it in with the best of it, with good, solid, balanced loose and tight aggressive PLO strategy, and I've been sucked out on more ways than one.

J

JuleMasterJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is OK. Getting to choose 2 cards out of 4 makes the average winning hand stronger than in Hold 'Em. I still prefer Hold 'Em because I don't like adding even more variance to an already tough game. I'd like to try Crazy Pineapple since I like the idea of starting with 3 cards and getting to discard one after the flop. I think that would really open up the starting hands quite a bit instead of folding so much in Hold 'Em.

Crazy Pineapple I definitely want to study as well. I believe there are some tournaments on Global Poker, where I play. Definitely need to get creative with a strategy since it seems there isn't much material out there on this variant.

J

JuleMasterJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO over NLH all day, your equity is never that bad preflop or postflop. More action for all. PLO is a game where you can have some massive swings but it is so fun. Run the equity.

The 4-card combos make it more fascinating to run through billions of wild scenarios of different hands on all sorts of dynamic or staticky boards. Might as well make it a college major with the amount of time studying PLO takes.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! By my opinion PL Omaha is not worse and not better NL Holdem...
by one simple reason: because this is quite another Game!:rolleyes: And when any player more quickly understand this,
than better for Him!:cool:

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Omaha is an amazing game. You have more options and is really cool, but I prefer always Holdem. I think that Holdem is the best type of poker 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer ohmaha and there ohmaha hi/lo ,but ohmaha is difficulter to play than holdem and the decision whos win are mostly comes with the last card on the table ,in holdem you play the cards you have and in ohmaha you mostly play the outs you have

jirasuonna

jirasuonna

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Omaha for the First Time

evxmmeivdcz41.jpg

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing both games.. I prefer holdem though because i've invested more time into learning it. Omaha is the most fun playing live with friends.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules