JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely standard at micro stakes.

okay thanks guys. Is there a point in limits that I should look for this to change? 10, 25, 50? And where is it usually in comparison to net profit?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
okay thanks guys. Is there a point in limits that I should look for this to change? 10, 25, 50? And where is it usually in comparison to net profit?

It's not about the limits, it's about the table conditions. You will typically have + NSD when villains fold too much and you will have - NSD when villains call too much. At micro stakes, nearly all villains call too much so overall your NSD will be negaitve. Higher, you will find both kinds of villains and will show a profit if you identify their defect. Whether overall you endup up or down in NSD will depend a lot on which villains you meet most. Could be either way.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! running so bad atm premiums losing so much and keep getting donked out against!! QQ losing to 27 when they hit two pair aces cracked 5 times in yesterdays session !! feel so shit atm !!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely standard at micro stakes.

So how would you guys explain this weird graph of mine ?
As I said I am trying to be more of a nit. But the high NSD winnings..
Does this indicate that I bluff a lot ? I personally think I don't that often. I do think I take down some pots (maybe a lot I don't really know exactly) just by cbetting the flop and them all folding. Once in a while I'll double barrel and every so often triple barrel. (Is this the correct term ? ie: cbetting flop and bluffing turn [and river])

Do I need to do anything to change this ? If you require my overall stats let me know.

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 5
BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I need to do anything to change this ? If you require my overall stats let me know.

Well, you don't need to change anything if you enjoy the $0.02/100. You probably need to change something if you want to win more. :D

One thing you should do is go through your Poker Tracker dabase and check if the cbets, double and triple barrels are profitables or not. My guess is that cbets may be, but double and triple barrels not. The major flaw of 2nl fishes is that they call too much, so bluffing is generally a bad idea.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Off of what Belgo said, do you build big pots and then fold a lot?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off of what Belgo said, do you build big pots and then fold a lot?

Seems this would bring the NSD down. Another option to consider is betting too big or over-valuing hands. This would cause a lot of people to fold their marginal hands instead of paying you off and when you do get called will likely be beat, hence the positive NSD and the negative SD winnings.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems this would bring the NSD down. Another option to consider is betting too big or over-valuing hands. This would cause a lot of people to fold their marginal hands instead of paying you off and when you do get called will likely be beat, hence the positive NSD and the negative SD winnings.

Got it backwards, oops. I am color blind so it happens :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think this is the most probable cause. I have some trouble with bet sizing.
Don't always know what the right amount is, getting folds when I want calls sometimes and the other way around too I guess.

Did you notice any of this when we did that short sweat Zach ?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the most probable cause. I have some trouble with bet sizing.
Don't always know what the right amount is, getting folds when I want calls sometimes and the other way around too I guess.

Did you notice any of this when we did that short sweat Zach ?

A little bit, and that's why I mentioned this. I sorta talked to you right after the session about this, but basically the biggest hand like this was the AA you showed me from a previous session. It was raised preflop and then you played it super-passively on the flop and turn then jammed the river. The problem is AA is not that strong a hand when it's only a pair after 5 cards are out and you will not get calls from anything you beat. So when you shove there you win the pot w/o showdown or lose the pot at showdown pretty much. Which explains the high NSD winnings and the low SD winnings.

ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HEM and Tournament Shark software

I reviewed HEM and PT3 and was impressed by HEM's ease of use and customization. I'll think I'll "git 'er done" with that one. I'm getting tingles thinking of all the pretty graphs and charts I'll be able to embarass the hell out of myself with. I'm sure y'all will be nothing if not supportive.

P.S. - anyone have any experience with 'Tournament Shark' sng tracking software. I saw a credible video review pumping it up. Looked good. I wonder what happens if you have multiple tracking programs running at one time (e.g. HEM and TS). Anyone know?

Anyone...

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little bit, and that's why I mentioned this. I sorta talked to you right after the session about this, but basically the biggest hand like this was the AA you showed me from a previous session. It was raised preflop and then you played it super-passively on the flop and turn then jammed the river. The problem is AA is not that strong a hand when it's only a pair after 5 cards are out and you will not get calls from anything you beat. So when you shove there you win the pot w/o showdown or lose the pot at showdown pretty much. Which explains the high NSD winnings and the low SD winnings.

So I should play big hands more aggressively. I think I am accomplishing that.

And I should call down less when I'm losing and betsize better to make people call with worse hands and not so much with always a hand that has me beat.

I guess bet-sizing is practice more than a rule as it depends on the situation every time ..

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate swings, I always have, always got nauseous on swing sets in my youth :(. So yeah this was one hell of a swingy session. Thank god I ran so well to still come out a buy in in profit.

On the graph:
1. KK vs AA AIPF. He shoved over my 4x raise with only 20 hands and a PFR of 0, I should've probably let go as nothing less than aces shoves there.
2. Folded KK pre. (analysis?)
3. Bad beat.

Attachments

• Sessions Results Graph.jpg
    Sessions Results Graph.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^That graph looks Like Wall Street the last few weeks, jesus.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it's really hard to talk about in generalities, but in general:

You need to assess hand strength on flop. How many streets of value can you get out of the hand? Sets/2-pair type hands the answer's usually 3, so you should look to bet flop, turn, and river. Top pair/overpair type hands can be 2 or 3, depending on board texture as well as opponent (if a calling station will call with A8 on a A52 board then we want to fire our AK on 3 streets).

But also we need to be considering our opponent's hand strength. For example a check-raise is an extremely strong move, so especially if it goes check-call flop and check-raise turn you can consider folding hands like top pair and such. In the AA example I believe villain bet flop, turn, and river and you raised river. In this case you definitely would call river because you basically haven't shown any strength, but think about what our opponent would have that would call our river raise. Nothing that we beat basically.

So whenever you make a bet or raise, especially late in the hand where bets will be bigger, you need to think about the purpose of the bet. If it's a value bet you need to consider how many worse hands call you compared with how many better hands. If it's a bluff you need to consider what hands will fold and which will look you up. Now I'm pretty sure at 2nl you're not running any crazy bluffs, so mainly the value bet section is applicable. Think about what you want to get value from and how much of villain's calling range will be hands you beat and how much will be hands that beat you. If the latter is bigger then you definitely don't want to be value betting.

Again sorry for being extremely general here, but basically it depends. Feel free to post any hands you have questions about in this regard and I'd be more than happy to explain the thought process I'm talking about and others could comment as well.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. KK vs AA AIPF. He shoved over my 4x raise with only 20 hands and a PFR of 0, I should've probably let go as nothing less than aces shoves there.

Disagree, if you are all-in preflop every single time you have KK, you will not be making a mistake. I'll look at the other 2 hands.

Edit: Ignore this if you're typically 200 BBs deep. Saw in #2 you were 200 deep and if you have a nit that deep I think it is possible to fold KK preflop. But you say nothing than AA shoves there, honestly it seems AA doesn't make sense to shove there because you'd think he'd want to get value. So idk wtf I'd do if he shoved over a 4x raise and you're deep, but if you are just 100 BBs deep it's an easy call.

Last edited:
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or are the table looking fairly crappy tonight. Ever decent nl$50 table seems to have a waiting list of 5 or more regs as well.

Blah going to play some anyway.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or are the table looking fairly crappy tonight. Ever decent nl$50 table seems to have a waiting list of 5 or more regs as well.

Blah going to play some anyway.

You have to wait a couple hours for the American to get off work and spew off their dollars in an attempt to unwind.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spent last night wrestling with Postgrrrrrrrr database setups to convert my Access PT 2 database into Pokertracker3.

Now set up with shiny new hud customised to the hilt and loving it :)

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I think I agree with myself. 400ish hands, $21 profit actionless tables tonight, profitable with a long grind, and I couldnt be arsed, going to get a film and spend some quality time instead. :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: Ignore this if you're typically 200 BBs deep. Saw in #2 you were 200 deep and if you have a nit that deep I think it is possible to fold KK preflop. But you say nothing than AA shoves there, honestly it seems AA doesn't make sense to shove there because you'd think he'd want to get value. So idk wtf I'd do if he shoved over a 4x raise and you're deep, but if you are just 100 BBs deep it's an easy call.

Well typically I'm 100bb deep.
I buy in for $5. On the 2nd hand I had just won a stack a couple of hands previous to that so that's why I had a double stack.
(double because I buy in for $5 and not $10.)

BTW: There seems to be a misconception that I play 2nl. I actually play 5nl, and I play 6 tables at a time. Not a big difference probably for you but it may help in understanding more of the ramblings I spew off here :).
Also all my graphs posted here are of 5nl unless stated otherwise :).

And pleaaaase check this out:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/1k-post-bounty-tournament-131255/
:D:D

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big prop bet on 2+2 atm is someone trying to earn 600k Vpp's from yesterday to dec 31st playing 1/2 and 2/4nl 6max, in an attempt to earn SNE. He already has 400k obv.

He will be 24 tabling 6max, wtf! and the stipulation is he has to make a profit, x2 wtf!!!

Here's the link to the webcam verification Justin.tv - pokerpoopy's channel - Live Streaming Video

I would be extremely surprised if he wins this bet!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya that's ****ing insane. Biggest grind I've ever heard of.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<edit> I would be extremely surprised if he hasn't given up on this bet by week 3 imo!