NY Times on Online Poker, Youse Kids and Mom

L

lillebusy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked how it swung from one perspective to the other in the end.

I hope articles like this will mean that the public slowly starts to appreciate poker for the skill game it ls.

That said, I'm sure that all parties who read that article find what they want to in its pages.

Would any parent willingly give their kids a life like Dan has?

T

tokentheaces

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting article

:confused: If only more people took it upon themselves to make initial thought out actions, that bring them closer to their intended goals, maybe we would be better off as a society

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure how I feel about taking the money. On the one hand if his mom is still supporting him she sets the rules and if that means no poker that means no poker. Previous methods didn't work so she confiscated the funds. On the other hand she did legally steal 12k from her son. Bottom line though if he wants to move out he's 18 and she can't tell him to do anything but her house is her rules period. On the other hand she sounds like an arrogant idiot who thinks she knows everything, although she does seem to have her son's best interests at heart. Just kinda arrogant for her to know exactly what they are and make judgements she knows nothing about. All in all neither the son nor the mom handled it too well imo.

Also apparently someone on 2p2 knew him here's his sharkscope graph: http://img7.imageshack.us/i/displaygraphk.png/

edit: also he's an idiot for making his normal email the same as for poker sites and for leaving it auto-logged in anywhere even if the only other user is parents/friends. Any poker player should know that access to their email account is basically your identity as far as poker sites are concerned you wouldn't give friends/family your poker site password why let them have your email that easily?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A LOT of people, counting the US 'moral majority,' but these are also the peeps who support lotteries and bingos, and buy their weekly tickets with their church and work mates.... Go figure...
I see i am, not the only one who sees it.... With the lotto, the odds of winning it are way to high.

I see were most are coming from, and there are good points.
But the ones i hate, are the ones that say poker is gambling, or the ones who say it is rigged, but yet there still playing...