Nut flush or King high flush vs full house

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any way to get away from this if you have the flush? You make your flush on the river but the board is paired, you bet, your opponent raises, can you get away from it? I've lost 2 buyins today from having a flush draw on the flop, opponent has a set. Turn pairs the board and river gives me my flush.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First make sure you're getting odds for the flush. Also, sets are played very differently than other hands, I usually discover sets when there are more than just bet calls everywhere. Try raising/semibluffing a little more (if you don't do it very often right now) and that can help. Also, just be more careful on paired boards, especially when you're still DRAWING to your hand. It's not just sets with paired boards that are boats, the board could be JJT47 and someone else can have JTs. It's all about betting patterns.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold every time you have the nut flush on a paired board and your opponent shoves you'll probably come out ahead (assuming you didn't commit too much of your stack previously). This is the dream of every set mining NIT out there (I should know I play this way occasionally). My favorite thing is when the card that completes the flush draw gives me the boat. The flush will stack off almost every time.

Full Flush Poker