November Results/December goals

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you all get those cute graphs? I think I need cute graphs too!

I doubt I've played 20,000 hands this year though so probably won't make that much difference.

November was good for me on FT, went from approx $40 to $227 thanks to a freeroll win and a couple of seconds in the CC buyin.

Stars was almost the same amount I started with.

UB was down $45, all lost after the Cereus changeover so I've quit playing there for awhile except freerolls and the occasional CC buyin.

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll waste a little bandwidth and post in this thread too. All $25nl fr.

Two straight months of positive results, so I'm generally satisfied. I have quite a few things to work out, as I'm still capable of acting like an idiot at times.

MonthlyResultsGraph-1.png

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
November was good, I just didn't put in nearly enough hands. Stud went terribly, only breaking even after rakeback & bonus were taken into account. 6-max went very well, with $684 earnings plus ~$170 in rakeback & bonuses.

The graph is about a 75%/25% mixture of $25NL & $50NL. 10.7bb/100 makes me happy :)

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah, I need goals:

1) Play like 30k hands of 50NL.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, forgot goals:

1.) Study and actually do good on my finals
2.) Don't withdraw anything from my BR so I can comfortably stay at 200NL
3.) Play when I get a chance, but don't go crazy playing since I have a ton of work to do/will be on vacation later in the month

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goals:

1) Watch the four FR videos recommended by WVH this first week
2) Play my obligatory 20k hands (meaning renew Gold Status)
3) Come up with some good solid 2009 goals assuming the UIGEA be repealed
4) Do a HH Review of a session from a CC Superuser (200nl+ player)
5) Prep myself to play 9-tables of FullRing and attempt to make it my regular thing
6) Enjoy playing a nitty tag style and remember the lessons of November.

becomingpoker

becomingpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
November went good for me in tourneys +$3400

Not so good in cash games. 40k hands and down $1000 mostly at 100NL 6-max but some at 200NL 6-max as well.

December Goals:
1) Play at least 50k Hands
2) Watch at least 3 vids a week from CR or DC
3) Stop running like dog crap in 6-max
4) Stay disciplined to stay at 100NL until I have at least 50 BI's for 200NL
5) Finish reading Zen and the Art of Poker and start another book, any suggestions?

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nov Results:

Moved up to 50nl about halfway through the month and played poorly, made some adjustments there at the end. I think I can beat 50nl, but only time will tell.

Dec. Goals.

(1) Maintain Gold vip
(2) stop paying people off with marginal hands

Attachments

• Nov 08 Graph.jpg
    Nov 08 Graph.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 12
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goalz:
-figure out how to get a BR and consider getting back into poker
-crush finals
-eat food

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bragging on behalf of switch's past week cause i'm stakin' him now :)

boom-switch.jpg

dude we needs aims

1) play more
2) win
3) play >25k hands
4) win
5) ??????
6) profits

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
teamwork ldo, i post the results and you post the goals

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goalz:
-figure out how to get a BR and consider getting back into poker
-crush finals
-eat food

Vanq, I haven't posted in several weeks so I'm out of the loop, what happened to your roll, dude?

BTW, one of my goals for December is to eat food too. I'm TOO F***ING SKINNY IMFO. 6'3", 150lbs.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanq, I haven't posted in several weeks so I'm out of the loop, what happened to your roll, dude?

BTW, one of my goals for December is to eat food too. I'm TOO F***ING SKINNY IMFO. 6'3", 150lbs.

lol wow, that is skinny. I'm 5'11" 147 lbs and I thought I was skinny.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm 5'9" 125 lbs :O

i mean no wait i'm a huge ****ing dinosaur

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

there's a graph in november chat somewheres
it doesn't show everything but like -12k in 15k hands!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lol wow, that is skinny. I'm 5'11" 147 lbs and I thought I was skinny.

i'm 5'9" 125 lbs :O

i mean no wait i'm a huge ****ing dinosaur
6'3", 240 lbs.

Enjoy it while it lasts, boys. It all goes downhill and you plump up when you hit 35.

Jeez, I'm almost the size of 2 Combys.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suck donkey balls. The most depressing month i have ever had, as i can just never showdown ahead. The 9 buy in drop or so has me marginally above 40% W$SD, and 42% W$WSF in HU :S, and i was more or less playing like a nit vs horrible players on just sick heaters.

When you are playing 35/30 vs a 98vpip player who never folds to a cbet and you CAN'T EVEN WIN 50% OF YOUR ****ING HANDS AT SHOWDOWN, then there is just somewhat of a problem. I couldn't even vbet light because everytime i woudl do so villain with 100% vpip and never fold would always show up at absolute top of their range (i still would vbet light ofc, i just never had the best hand). Honestly the entire month was like this actually. For the very brief upswing in the middle i ran quite well, but i was getting set up worse at the beggining of the month than at the end.

I was goign to take a real long break and reconsider ever playing again, but the last 3 days the downswing really hasn't bothered me and i don't think i have to stop playing--just adjust how i play.

So basically goals for Dec:

1. Do not look at my roll/HEM graph for the ENTIRE month. Just play, and do not think nor worry about results.

And that is it. Also means that i won't be going on forums much at all during this period, as threads like Dec. chat, etc. essentially force you to be results oriented. I have finals/going on holiday for 2 weeks in Dec. anyways, so really don't have any sort of poker-related aspirations anyways.

Attachments

• isuck.jpg
    isuck.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 5
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
essentially force you to be results oriented.
Its one thing to look at other's results & your own. Its another thing to be results oriented.

You can acknowledge that you're gaining or losing money. Just as long as gaining & losing money isn't your goal. I punch the desk whenever I get in as a 2:1 dog, just like I punch the desk when some smacktard lucks out or is at the top of his range.

The monetary result still exists, and is very real. Its just not what I play for. I think forcing yourself to never look at graphs or your bankroll is a little extreme. Course, its very easy to say that now when I'm running good :D

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't force everybody to be results oriented; however, i am that way inclined and it does tend to have that effect upon me.

To each their own--i don't physically react to bad beats at all, and tilt really doesn't effect me all that much in game now. But looking at graphs, looking how non-existent my profit was for last month, quantifying how much i have lost in x amount of time, really crushes my confidence and makes it hard to think about other things at times.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No poker goals for now since I'm not sure if I'll be up for playing this month.

However, my goal is to lose 10lbs+ for December since I've started dieting. I feel fat and my body weight is tilting me. I'm 5'6 and want my weight to be around 140-150ish at max. Its going to suck because I love food and I enjoy eating.

I wish I could drop weight as easily as I drop buy-ins.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont diet, just eat healthy and in proportion, i.e. i eat a lot of fruit coz i really like fruit, but also eat crisps a lot, brugers, takeaway pizzas etc, but im still in decent shape. Mainly that and also playing rubgy for your university team helps a lot, since your training/playing 5 days a week

edit: bleh got confused between threads

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont diet
Everyone diets, whether it's a good or bad.

My view on dieting is simple: Cut out foods that provide little to no health benifits whats-so-ever, cut back on sugars, continue to eat the foods i enjoy (so I dont neglect myself and start binging), eat more often, but in small portions. I've also cut my caloric intake to about 1800 a day, which is 500 calories less than what I need to maintain my weight. At this rate, I'm looking too drop about a pound a week if I were to just diet and cut calories. Add that with a decent 3-4 days/week workout plan and I can look to lose a bit more a week. Probably no more than 2-3, which is perfect.

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by don't diet, i meant don't go on 1 of those diet programs which tell you what to do and what to specifically eat, just do it your own way