Which "non poker" historical figure would have been the best player?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going as far back in time as you would like, who do you think would be the best poker player in the world now, if they were given the chance to learn the game?

My choice is Socrates. I feel like he would constantly be asking other players to explain to him how they knew for sure how to play poker. His persistent enquiry into game theory would drive players nuts. :)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe Einstein just for sheer brain power and his ability to learn the game.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a good question friend. The truth is that he would choose a person like William James Sidis for having been the most intelligent man in history.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In general, I think that every brilliant scientist in mathematics and psychology would easily become a poker professional.
but for me I think he is the brilliant scientist Al-Khwarizmi, since he is the discoverer of the science of algorithms, I'm sure he would be the best of all if he were in our time and interested in poker.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it could be Stalin, Churchill, Hitler, or Roosevelt. I love the story of the Second World War.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Harry Truman. He wasn't afraid to be aggressive and go all in.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going as far back in time as you would like, who do you think would be the best poker player in the world now, if they were given the chance to learn the game?

My choice is Socrates. I feel like he would constantly be asking other players to explain to him how they knew for sure how to play poker. His persistent enquiry into game theory would drive players nuts. :)
Alas, no matter how many chances you give old people, they can't beat young people.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe someone like Morphy or Lasker...

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think it could be Napoleon. It would be interesting to see the game with Napoleon. :)

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alan Turing.. He cracked the enigma code in ww2 he might have been a good player..

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus Christ!

He could get all his table mates wasted by turning their drinks into wine

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Simon Bolivar, the liberator, was a great strategist and knew very well how to win battles against his opponents.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sigmund Freud...he would be able to analyze your strategy and relate it to your childhood...free head psychology session mixed with poker...now why did I go all in with Ace/Queen off Suit? Must have something to do with my toilet training!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sigmund Freud...he would be able to analyze your strategy and relate it to your childhood...free head psychology session mixed with poker...now why did I go all in with Ace/Queen off Suit? Must have something to do with my toilet training!

Ha! I like this one! :)

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Einstein, Newton, Tegmark
Gagarin
Lenin, Stalin, Roosevelt

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say anyone that was great at math, but if I had to pick one I’d say Einstein

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going to say "Christ", but thinking about it althought he would know what everyone was holding, he'd let others win!

Then I saw someone suggested Ayrton Senna. That's inspired!

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Matt damon in rounders haha.