***Nocturnal November Chat Thread***

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold riv, you only beat bluffs, of which busted flush draws are all you beat. Plus usually if villain is aggressive enough to be willing to bluff riv, they would c/r flush+overcards on flop

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks - started cooking today - can't wait to eat it all tomorrow!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol you could ship it over here its thanksgiving here now so I can start eating/drinking

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hate that you guys miss out on this holiday - it really is some good eating.

It is like this in most houses:

Wed the women start baking and cooking. The men watch tv.

Thurs - the women get up very early and start cooking again. The men sleep late. Around noon they start hanging out in the kitchen trying to steal food and bugging the women about when it will be done. Cause the first football game is on at 12:30.

By 1:00 most people start eating. Everyone stuffs themselves silly. The men watch football while the women clean the kitchen. The men try to sneak a nap in between football games.

During halftime of the 2nd game the men go back in the kitchen and eat again. They leave another mess for the women to clean up.

The women clean up again and then start planning their shopping trips for the next day. The stores used to open at 6am on Friday. Then last year it was 5am. This year it is 4am - except for the stores that have decided to open at midnight.

Now the women have to decide whether they are going to stay up late and shop at midnight, go to bed early and get up at 3am to shop - or stay up all night and shop from midnight to 8am.

The men will sleep late, eat leftovers and watch more football.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dakota i dont think you could have explained a true thanksgiving any better. My mom was cooking today, got lots of stuff in the fridge and has everything laid out so she can start cooking bright and early tomorrow morning.

by the time i wake up tomorrow (hopefully noonish) ill be able to steal some "breakfast" lol

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a man on Thanksgiving Day is good, provided there's a lot of pepto bismol in stock the day after Thanksgiving Day (I really really really love stuffing w gravy...) and provided you're not a Detroit Lions fan.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much describes my Thanksgiving only my family adds our tradition of fried oysters and eggs for breakfast tomorrow morning. :)

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really hate that you guys miss out on this holiday - it really is some good eating.

We don't miss out on it. We did it on Saturday, though - since actual thanksgiving isn't a holiday here. We obviously don't get American Football on TV here, but last year Harald was nice enough to record Navy vs. Notre Dame for us, so the men could watch it while the women cooked.

An important aspect that Debi left out is that the Man of the House gets to cut the turkey. This is not only a trivial task in the grand scheme of things, but it also means that the man gets a LOT of the credit for the food that is served.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to recall a thread that had a list of a lot of the regulars her and what stakes they played. But now I can't seem to find it. Anybody know?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to recall a thread that had a list of a lot of the regulars her and what stakes they played. But now I can't seem to find it. Anybody know?

yea there is a thread somewhere around here, probably really outdated by now though

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol thanksgiving sounds pretty damn awesome!!

Well for a man anyway lol , have a good day guys! I will be watching the packers with beer + pizza as I cba to cook a turkey lol!

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea there is a thread somewhere around here, probably really outdated by now though

It used to be a sticky thread in ring HA, but it was unstickied because it was, frankly, not that useful for anything, and that particular forum was drowning in sticky threads anyway.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blah, poker sucks, etc etc.

Just gonna play 10 NL with like a zillion Buy ins for fun.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man up!

Get your grind on, you probably will feel like this next year alot since you will be playing alot more volume and alot more consecutive days. You will have to force yourself to play when you dont want to play if you are chasing SNE, I know all the stuff about dont play when you dont feel in the correct frame of mind but tbh I dont think those concepts apply when your chasing SNE.

300k Milestone man just think of the $$$'s ;)

GL soft lad

Well I did play a bit, decided to play PLO, but lost 4 buy ins over 200 hands and thought bollx to that.

Played yesterday, run like shit, played today and run like shit again. I absolutely hate end of months coz I always seem to run like crap.

Yeah there will be no slacking next year if I go for it. You just have to play through it and thats all there is to it.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jay, why dont you just take a month off and see if you can get up the volume. I rekon going for SNE and working is all but impossible, you'll burn out in no time imo.

Got a fish filled live donkament tonight. So that should be fun.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah there will be no slacking next year if I go for it. You just have to play through it and thats all there is to it.

I be another one of those that are a little concerned for ya too Jay. It's a hellofa strain to putting yourself into.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jay, why dont you just take a month off and see if you can get up the volume. I rekon going for SNE and working is all but impossible, you'll burn out in no time imo.

Got a fish filled live donkament tonight. So that should be fun.

Theres a guy on the other forum that works full time, has a family, and made SNE this year.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So had a thanksgiving party with Schwin Poker on Thanksgiving, we had raffles, $1/$1 cash games and a freeroll.

Won the Freeroll for $100 (chopped up with a guy while heads up, started with 75 players, live) took down $50 in raffles, and won $20 in the cash games, so good night :) Also starting to win a bit online too, so hopefully my swong is over.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just been playing on the wierdest table ever, but i like it :)

Now the preflop bet was a bit large but you just has to see how this table was play unreal lol

Absolute/UB Cereus No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Button ($95)
SB ($100.85)
Hero (BB) ($356.10)
UTG ($87.50)
MP ($152.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A
club.gif
, A
heart.gif

UTG bets $3, MP calls $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $20, UTG calls $17, MP calls $17

Flop: ($60.50) 5
diamond.gif
, A
spade.gif
, K
heart.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $60.50, Hero calls $60.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($181.50) 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($181.50) A
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $181.50, MP calls $71.65 (All-In)

Total pot: $324.80 | Rake: $3

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got my 2nd straight CC cash, and got 1 2nd out of 2 SNGs. If I can find time, I think I'm done with cash for good. I just can't play enough to overcome variance.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got my 2nd straight CC cash, and got 1 2nd out of 2 SNGs. If I can find time, I think I'm done with cash for good. I just can't play enough to overcome variance.

Welcome to the dark side. :)