***Nocturnal November Chat Thread***

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so, played 4 mtts, busted in one, cashed in another, and final-tabled the other 2, for some nice money.(all micro buy-in, and all at ultimatebet, my new favourite site!) the one i busted i had QQ, some aggressive raising pf, of course he had KK.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Run hot is fun

runhot.jpg

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slycbnew, how did you get SN with microstakes? I'm just curious, I didn't know that was possible.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so I am considering withdrawing my current roll, which is down to $700 at the moment. I've just been on this disgusting losing streak all month and I think it'd be good to put it away for when my unemployment runs out. If I do do this, I won't be leaving here though. Sorry I have not been posting, I've not had much time lately due to going to sunnybrook so much.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slycbnew, how did you get SN with microstakes? I'm just curious, I didn't know that was possible.

It's not possible, I don't think. My tilt spew was at 100nl, where I put in well over 175k hands this year - and I played around 400k hands at various limits this year on PS.

I intend to put my br back into PS once I feel comfortable w NLHE again, which probably won't be until January at the earliest, and starting at 50nl again.

You can make SN playing 50nl if you play a lot of volume - obv I would prefer to not stay at 50nl, but it's the limit where I've had the most success.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so I am considering withdrawing my current roll, which is down to $700 at the moment. I've just been on this disgusting losing streak all month and I think it'd be good to put it away for when my unemployment runs out.

You really shouldn't be playing with money that you need.

On the other hand, you shouldn't base your decisions on short term winning or losing streaks. Short term is irrelevant at poker.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

On the other hand, you shouldn't base your decisions on short term winning or losing streaks. Short term is irrelevant at poker.

Tell that one to Mr. Dwan. ;)

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not possible, I don't think....

You can make SN playing 50nl if you play a lot of volume - obv I would prefer to not stay at 50nl, but it's the limit where I've had the most success.

I would say it's definatley possible for most grinders to reach SN playing 25nl, possibly 10nl for some sicko's. I'm guessing here, vpps for 25nl is prolly around 0.12/hand maybe, so SN in like 800k hands or so for the year. Certainly do-able.

There have been some sicko's who have reached SNE playing mostly 50nl, skat tilt springs to mind.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah u can reach SN by grinding 25nl, wise i had that kind of endurance, but if i put in that much volume id probably just spew back all the benfits and then some.
Also i think i was making more then 0.12/100 at 25nl 6max, not 100% sure though...

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone give me advice on how to impress a girl. possible options include writing her a song and tattooing her name across my face

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
someone give me advice on how to impress a girl. possible options include writing her a song and tattooing her name across my face

Writing a song would impress the right girl. Tattooing her name across your face should freak her out. :)

Don't try too hard - we always want what we can't have. :p

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't need it. It's built up from $0 starting two months ago. I've never personally handled it ever.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tattoo a song about her on your penis

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Writing a song would impress the right girl. Tattooing her name across your face should freak her out. :)

OMG when you report in to one of those secret meetings you girls have in the restroom (with the couches and all.. I mean... I've never seen a mens room with couches) the girls-guild is gonna be REALLY MAD at you for revealing one of the primary secrets of sisterhood. Even if it seems obvious.

Yes. I think the song would be great.

How about:

I think you're hot -
but you can't have me, babe.

I only say that,
so you will want me more.

But i've messed up,
by revealing my secret plan.

Wooah, wooah, wooah, Oooooh.

I think Oh's and woahs work well if you run out of other words.

Hey. If you live anywhere near Dallas I will record your love song at my studio completely free of charge. I am serious. 1 free song. I'll even play drums and keys on it if you need.

And sing BGVs

Woaaah woah wooo hoooo.... ohhhhh oh.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

hmmm, you make good points. does anyone know a good laser tattoo removal place in florida?

tattoo a song about her on your penis

does anyone know a good penis tattoo place in florida?

Yes. I think the song would be great.

How about:

I think you're hot -
but you can't have me, babe.

I only say that,
so you will want me more.

But i've messed up,
by revealing my secret plan.

Wooah, wooah, wooah, Oooooh.

this is brilliant. consider it written down (or copy/pasted into notepad, whatever). i'm thinking of making the song kind of a polka/death-metal hybrid, girls love that right?

just learned from this link that i am the studliest man alive. screw this, this girl should be impressing me

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just learned from this link that i am the studliest man alive. screw this, this girl should be impressing me

Lmao, i'm glad your feeling better.

on a side note tourneys are dumb, these are exactly after each other, followed shortly by someone shoving ten's into my aces.

Notice anything similar?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 50 Ante (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t6725)
Hero (CO) (t25610)
Button (t14287)
SB (t14556)
BB (t13136)
UTG (t36645)
UTG+1 (t8601)
MP1 (t7468)
MP2 (t26403)

Hero's M: 21.34

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif

5 folds, Hero bets t1300, Button calls t1300, 2 folds

Flop: (t3800) 10
diamond.gif
, 5
club.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t2500, 1 fold

Total pot: t3800

Results:
Hero didn't show 2
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(nothing).
Outcome: Hero won t3800

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds 50 Ante (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t6675)
Hero (MP3) (t28060)
CO (t12937)
Button (t14256)
SB (t12586)
BB (t36595)
UTG (t8551)
UTG+1 (t7418)
MP1 (t26353)

Hero's M: 23.38

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif

4 folds, Hero bets t1300, 1 fold, Button calls t1300, 2 folds

Flop: (t3800) 7
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t2500, 1 fold

Total pot: t3800

Results:
Hero didn't show A
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(nothing).
Outcome: Hero won t3800

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell her your from crystal river, then she'll think your from a fairytale and fall in love

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and I just passed the bubble in 7th place and an M of 27. 150 to go till FT time. Go go go.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK vs A8 on an 8 high flop = 100k stack and 4th place. Ship it.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6th out of 73 and I have 3 bigger stacks at the table. That's annoying.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super standard

poker stars $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 386231
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is MP with T :spade: T :diamond:
UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BTN caps!, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG calls, Hero calls

Flop: (17 SB) T :club: 8 :heart: 6 :club: (4 players)
SB bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, BTN caps!, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls

Turn: (16.5 BB) 6 :spade: (4 players)
SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, BTN calls, SB 3-bets, UTG folds, Hero caps!, BTN calls, SB calls

River: (29.5 BB) 5 :heart: (3 players)
SB bets, Hero raises, BTN calls, SB 3-bets, Hero raises all in, BTN calls, SB calls