Newbie Questions

C

cannuck001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! I'm relatively new to online poker. I often see that some people (OK, the majority) are playing at like 12 tables. What's up with that. I've heard that these are often poker bots that are playing and not a real person. Is this true? Is this allow? What do you do about it?

My second question. I've heard about poker odds calculators and that most people online use these programs. Is this something I should use? and if so, which one do you suggest?
Thanks for any answers. :D

Cannuck001

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Cannuck,
Yes, sometimes there are bots, but the major sites like pokerstars and Full Tilt have their software check for them because they are not allowed. There are alot of people who are talented enough to play 12 tables at once. ChuckTs is a very good player here and he easily does at least 6 tables at once.

As for poker odds calculators there is a good one at cardplayer.com.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome. :)
Hey! I'm relatively new to online poker. I often see that some people (OK, the majority) are playing at like 12 tables.
Not the majority.
My second question. I've heard about poker odds calculators and that most people online use these programs. Is this something I should use? and if so, which one do you suggest?
Poker Tracker.