New Challenge - 20$ - 20,000$

darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man, i`m really sorry to hear about that... but if you work hard i think u could still make it....good luck and don't give up.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not going to lie, I could kind of see the whole busto thing coming.
Better luck next time. :)

B

Brian182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree, lol. I didn't even except to see such a jump from the second to last and last update from $400 something to $2.1k. I just didn't think he would have busted his roll at $2.1k because with proper bankroll management, that would've taken a long time, but obviously he tilted. I've tilted a $1.3k roll before, but I got like $50 in rakeback, and in a few games, I brung it back to $1k and withdrew, lol. That was a super lucky night for me. Did it in about 4 games, playing a $200 turbo sng at the end, lmao.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree, lol. I didn't even except to see such a jump from the second to last and last update from $400 something to $2.1k.
Uh, what? Give me a minute to decode your speak.

You disagree based on the size of his roll and proper BRM, but he didn't post he had a roll of that size until he lost it. He was taking some swings prior, that's why it did not surprise me, even if he did make it to $2.1k. The timeline set for himself puts on too much pressure unless you're going to run extremely well straight through to the $20k goal. It's probably not possible to do so. Not to mention he knew the blow-up was in his arsenal. Precautions to prevent major catastrophe might have been very helpful in his plan, though this might set him off track of his schedule, which would have just added more pressure to meet his lofty goals anyway.

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U manage to get to 2.1 k??wow...and then busto...wow...

B

Brian182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uh, what? Give me a minute to decode your speak.

You disagree based on the size of his roll and proper BRM, but he didn't post he had a roll of that size until he lost it. He was taking some swings prior, that's why it did not surprise me, even if he did make it to $2.1k. The timeline set for himself puts on too much pressure unless you're going to run extremely well straight through to the $20k goal. It's probably not possible to do so. Not to mention he knew the blow-up was in his arsenal. Precautions to prevent major catastrophe might have been very helpful in his plan, though this might set him off track of his schedule, which would have just added more pressure to meet his lofty goals anyway.

lol. I still disagree. this was still surprising to me.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.05/.10 Stakes = 300$ BR = By Day 30
.10/.25 Stakes = 750$ BR = By Day 45
.25/.50 Stakes = 1,500$ BR = By Day 60
.50/$1 Stakes = 3,000$ BR = By Day 75
$1/$2 Stakes = 6,000$ BR = By Day 90
$2/$4 Stakes = 12,000$ BR = By Day 105
$3/$6 Stakes = 18,000$ BR = By Day 120

Sorry you went busto man, but looking at this your goal was unreasonable. moving up limits in 15 days 7 ish times even while running like god is near impossible

H

Heatherbrianne1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck!! I know i have NEVER got up to 20 or 30 dollars before.. LOL.. have tried and always loose it! .. Best of luck on your challenge :D

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this idea a lot, I think I`ll also, get started on something similar very soon :)
GL

J

Juglinjugglo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
howlong do you think it will take to reach your goal?

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone who wants to try something like this needs to have an income elsewhere or be set financially to take the money pressure off. That was my first problem. The facts were still that I was a poor student and the money got to my head. It's not that I haven't had a couple grand in bankroll before but that is still a lot of money for someone my age.

Secondly clearing your schedule for time is important. You can't hope to move up quickly without really having a gripple of time to play. You need hours upon hours per week.

Third, Do not rely on variance of multi table tournaments to help you jump up fast. You'll get addicted to the variance and the problem is that the variance can also move you down.

Lastly, when you make a sound plan, STICK TO IT. I didn't and you see the repercussions. Instead of winning on average of about a hundred dollars per day like I should have been at this point I am wishing I had a hundred dollars in my account right now. It is very demoralizing to be playing freerolls again but it is what I deserve and what I will live through again until I do stick to my plans.