Never been blown away so much from Donk play!

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the first time this has ever happened to me...actually the first time I have ever done it. I was registered for a Rush freeroll at FT, then started chatting with a friend, so I decided to just Donk out so I could continue chatting, next thing you know, I'm Killing, and I was reeeeaaaalllly playing disgustingly. I think I folded maybe a dozen hands the whole game preflop and maybe 50 or so post. I opened every hand with a raise, and pretty much called every raise, any position, as long as it wasn't all in (but did call a few). I have never seen so many bad beats in my life. I was constantly hitting two pair hands, trips, straights...strangely I don't remember any flushes, but I am sure there were a few. Next thing you know there are like 600 left out of 7500 and I'm up in the top 20%. So I decide to stop chatting and try to play more seriously. Then within 5 minutes I get totally blasted. Aces get crushed by quad 8's etc. Karma's a bitch. Anyways, I'm not saying this is my new great way to play, it just made me look closer at my game, and being able to see all the crazy possibilities. How much more, folding has to be done post flop, how not to get stuck on just pairs. I always get busted overplaying a hand to find out that yes, my opponent can have "that" and then getting pissed and tilting off my game. And it was also a lesson in aggression, and seeing how to open up my game a bit in certain circumstances. I'll definately be reviewing my history of this game, because what started as me just wanting to quit, for some weird reason, ended up strangely being a bit of a lesson.

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't review too much other then hands you did not have to show and got players to fold out to aggression, because you've jsut described nothing more then variance. Plain and simple. Even slot players get lucky and hit sometimes, but that doesn't make the odds of gambling on the machine a better bet.