Myths, Truths and Lies about Poker

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is it is hard in the poker yard too many variables,big rake and a huge I will bet hundreds on anything degenerate gorilla on my back that just loves to crush my dreams.;)
But myths and lies are everywhere in poker because the truth hurts.
Myth people play only good starting hands at higher stakes unlike the micros=lie.
https://www.boomplayer.com/32563221_588932491F
You can study these types of plays in my boom post above until the cows come home without a bit of good luck we are doomed.:)
Truth is we are just flipping mostly depending on luck or if not flipping regularly I will or your opponents will steal,steal and steal again until you are blinded out knowing that nearly any 2 cards have decent equity percentages even if called.
Week 1 task 1
funny-picture-i-dont-always-study.jpg

Last edited:
partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice, patz!

And, considering your experience, what do you think about the frequency we should take breaks? The ideal balance between playing and be off the tables?

Hey. The most effective way it should be done based on your earnings. I never take a break from poker if I see improvments in my bank account, however, for me the best way to play poker is to involve 100% when i actually play, like having the rest of the day free and not involving in other activities.. :jd4::)and if i have a bad strake im having 2 or 3 days off from poker.

Cheers

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya do what feels best for you. All rules are only general guide lines, so heed them, but be able to bend them to suit your style. And be smart enough to change them if it is not working for you.

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the link, hugh blair!

I understand that luck may be by side of the ones that, through studying and thinking the game, put themselves in the position of being lucky.
The truth is it is hard in the poker yard too many variables,big rake and a huge I will bet hundreds on anything degenerate gorilla on my back that just loves to crush my dreams.;)
But myths and lies are everywhere in poker because the truth hurts.
Myth people play only good starting hands at higher stakes unlike the micros=lie.
https://www.boomplayer.com/32563221_588932491F
You can study these types of plays in my boom post above until the cows come home without a bit of good luck we are doomed.:)
Truth is we are just flipping mostly depending on luck or if not flipping regularly I will or your opponents will steal,steal and steal again until you are blinded out knowing that nearly any 2 cards have decent equity percentages even if called.

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, partz!

Very good points to be considered... Since many of us tend to open too many windows, paying little or no attention to any of them.
Cheers.

Hey. The most effective way it should be done based on your earnings. I never take a break from poker if I see improvments in my bank account, however, for me the best way to play poker is to involve 100% when i actually play, like having the rest of the day free and not involving in other activities.. :jd4::)and if i have a bad strake im having 2 or 3 days off from poker.

Cheers

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, manzanillo! Great piece of advice!
Ya do what feels best for you. All rules are only general guide lines, so heed them, but be able to bend them to suit your style. And be smart enough to change them if it is not working for you.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
... without a bit of good luck we are doomed.:)
hi hi :ciao:
i agree with mr blair 100%
i terrible poker player, yet i have done well in some, & even won large freerolls
each time need to run very good plus...
hit like 3 outers, river flushes, success like those necessary
LUCK is a huge factor especially if no play 24/7

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, KristaK!

So, if you're that lucky, you don't need to be good, right?
hi hi :ciao:
i agree with mr blair 100%
i terrible poker player, yet i have done well in some, & even won large freerolls
each time need to run very good plus...
hit like 3 outers, river flushes, success like those necessary
LUCK is a huge factor especially if no play 24/7

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple as that: Luck is essential!
No meter how good you are. Yes, in long term you will be successful but without luck you will struggle to be successful.

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, beldin2010!

For sure. Luck is real. Sometimes feeling yourself lucky is more important than all knowledge. Just because all wisdom will do no good if you don't know how to gather all information you have.

Happy Monday!
Simple as that: Luck is essential!
No meter how good you are. Yes, in long term you will be successful but without luck you will struggle to be successful.