Chips
I'm only distracted by music, it's hard to concentrate

M

mikibjj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get kinda bored when play long tournaments so i watch something on yt or listen music, music helps me relax when i lose large amount of chips with monster hand.

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music man , i listen music , jazz

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with my sonat pokerstars, he usually has the music on, it does'nt bother at all, but he is always at FB in his Celphone and not putting lots of attention to poker, he almost always end up loosing.

gogadgetdx

gogadgetdx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music and poker and chess, oh my!

So when at the felt or just online do you enjoy music whilst playing or find it distracting. In general I feel like it helps me focus and not get impatient easily. At the felt in tournaments I have even seen people watching sports and even a film! Barely having interest in the poker.

I've found music can be a tremendous asset, or a terrible handicap, depending on the style of music, for both poker and chess.

Let me explain.

If I'm listening to fast music (house, edm) I tend to do everything more quickly, so I may not think through all the particulars of a given situation. Additionally, I play more hands.

Slower music has the opposite effect on my play, and potentially to the detriment - I might become too conservative or slow play too much to a calling station that sucks out on me.

These same things apply to chess (my other passion); the soviet chess school of thought includes tapping a pen or pencil (for game notation) increasingly rapidly during the game only on the opponent's move to subconsciously encourage the opponent to think too quickly and potentially overlook a tactic.

Hacking the mind for peak performance for poker and chess is absolutely legit, just be sure to be informed with the science of psychology ;-)

T

tomaralo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music no or music yes

I'm convinced that music in several hours can be detrimental to concentration, just in the final stretch turn the sound off and focus more on the game

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will try playing with music. I have the impression that one can better focus on the game without listening to music

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music does not always help me ... I often play without music ...

D

dadhi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, music helps me in all the things I do)

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes music helps me concentrate on the result. For me, it happens too hard ...

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix different kinds of music while playing poker. It depends on my mood.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on the mood, but usually I listen to music.

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have a TV show playing in the background. It's very eerie when it's quiet.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like listening music while playing poker tournaments!!!! I thonk it's personal thing for everyone!

S

SkrypnykOleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this stage, the beginner is interfering with music, but knowing that I love music, in the future, she will help relax in some difficult situations!

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the kind of music matters pretty dramatically for me.
I listen to a lot of music in general, kind of obsessively actually. But i've had really good
results listening to the classical studying station on pandora. I just won a $10 deep stacked mega hyper turbo mtt on ACR, i took down like 490ish. The point being, I'm starting to mix in the classical music a lot more often, and it seems to have some positive effects on my game.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker I do not listen to music. Music disturbs me concentration. When I play poker I focus on the cards and the game of my opponents.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you can listen something, if it helps you to find your patience and play poker a bit better.

L

laiomaycon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your music preference when playing poker?

I usually play listening to good music like romantic rock hi pop rock a little adrenaline and excitement. There are people who do not like to hear anything while they play.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am the person who does not like to listen to music during the game. She distracts me.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
patience guns' rose to always remind me that I need to be patience

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like a mix of newer pop/rap/rock. any of the good new stuff and some classics as well.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, sometimes I listen to my favorite and different music - apart from the classics - I do not much like listening to classical music and music of the 70s, music does not distract me from the game, I like listening to chanson!

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost do not listen to music. I watch cartoons if the tournament is long. I love cartoons more than in my childhood.)))